Trans GM SM 420
First Gear ....... 7.05
Second Gear ... 3.57
Third Gear ...... 1.70
Fourth Gear ... Direct

Dana T-case (twin stick)

1970 Glass dune buggy. Short pan 1600
2008 Chevy HHR SS
So I ordered new wiper motors and the shaft is really long, I didn't really notice that when i ordered and now that i look they all seem to be that way. I know i can just adjust the back stop but it will look like hell on the inside.

Anyone have any ideas on either shortening the shaft or finding a motor with a shorter shaft?

Hacksaw? die grinder with cut off wheel?:cool:

So I ordered new wiper motors and the shaft is really long, I didn't really notice that when i ordered and now that i look they all seem to be that way. I know i can just adjust the back stop but it will look like hell on the inside.

Anyone have any ideas on either shortening the shaft or finding a motor with a shorter shaft?

What shaft are you talking about?
2009-01-05_011807_CJ7_wipers.gif
The one marked D? That one has to be a specific length (as long as the distance from the motor pivot to the wiper pivot)
The short arm on the motor that moves back and forth? That one determines the stroke of the wipers. I wouldn't modify it until you test the wipers.
The rotating shaft coming out of the motor? Does it hit the linkage D?

Sorry, should have taken a pic first.

Mine are top mount inside the cab.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/04/eza6avuq.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/04/eqa5y9an.jpg

Yikes! that is quite a difference. I see the shafts are quite different. Since you are looking for suggestions, I would first try to contact who you got it from. From there how about a parts swap between the two to make a good motor? Or fabricating a new motor mount to accept the long shaft.

So I took the motor apart and looks like cutting the shaft down is not a problem. It looked like it would be but they made it easy. Will post some pictures of the process once I get to it.

It looks like the shaft is threaded. Put a nut or better yet a die on the shaft before you cut it. Then as you remove the nut or die it will repair the threads.

How do you remove the wiper arm. Not the blade. I don't see any way to loosen the arm from the shaft in the diagram or on my jeep. Thank you

Mine has a set screw, arm slides on then you tighten the set screw.

I have also seen them where the spring tension holds them on. Fold it away from the glass at the hinge there close to the shaft and see if that does not release it enough to wiggle off. I have seen other, although not on a jeep, where there is a clip that gets slid back. Again fold it back and see if there is anything under there.

Send a pic too up close so we can see what you are dealing with.

Yep - no set screw. Just pulled it off. Thank you

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom