wont start im totaly lost

wont start im totaly lost
i have a CJ5 rebuilders manual the one with the blue jeep in front...and it says some stuff about the distributer that i shuld def change the stock one but the pic of the stock one and the one that book recamends dont look like mine
You are a long ways from "rebuilding", find or order this.
Amazon.com: Jeep CJ 1949 thru 1986: All models (Haynes Repair Manual) (0038345004124): Larry Warren, John H. Haynes: Books
read through the distributer section two or three times. a lot of things will become clear and you will be able to ask questions that we can answer.:cool:

At this point we need pics and you need basic mechanical knowlege about distributors, we have about five generations of how to fire the sparkplugs since the seventies, pics will help us idetify what that ignition is so we can help

Still sounds like the ignition switch- are they mounted on the back of the steering column on that year? Pretty easy to test and fix if so.

OK guys, the way he is looking for spark is all wrong, he is using the coil wire, not a spark plug wire. He has little knowledge of how to troubleshoot and where to. without the basic knowledge, he is as said lost, and trying to teach a class on how to understand a ignition system online without a tech book to refer to can be hard. In this case we need either a 2 page text on how a ignition works with both point and coil and electronics work, or to advise him to take it to a mechanic.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom