WTF? sealant will not cure!

WTF? sealant will not cure!

kicknjeep

Old Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 1976 CJ-5 2 seater
I used some copper gasket sealant on the oil pan and after 2 days it is still not setting and can still wipe it with my finger. set up the first time last week and had to scrape off when I replaced the rear main seal. what gives really do not want to pull the pan again, Wait a few more days because it's been wet and rainy out even I don't ever remember that being a factor before. :mad:

you should be able to use just black rtv.

Dale normally I would have but had some of the copper stuff and it cured just fine the first time I used it but this time it is acting like it will not? :confused:
And I really don't want to pull the pan again :mad:

I am by no means a professional at all. You said it was wet and rainy? Do you think the humidity could be doing something with it? I would try it again, and set it in a garage or somewhere away from mother nature for the time being.

yea was inside garage when i installed pan and come to find out the sealant had been frozen and I guess that will somehow cause it not to cure. Have pulled pan and am waiting for time to put pan and water pump back on.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom