YJ / CJ radiator ??

YJ / CJ radiator ??

jeepboy45

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7, Newly rebuilt AMC 360!, fully rebuilt GM TH400, Quadra-trac TC w/Milemarker 2x4 conversion, AMC mod 20 rear w/1 piece Moser axleshafts, mod 30 front w/tie rod flip and castor correction shims, 4 in lift, Centech complete wiring harness, dual electric fans on 3 core aluminum radiator, tilt steering wheel, 20 gal poly gas tank, new J20 steering box, MSD 6A ignition combined with TeamRush distributor mods
Hi everyone,
I need to know if a radiator made to fit a YJ will bolt up easily to a CJ7

Any thoughts...

I have a chance of getting a used one, but not sure and I have to drive an hour and a half to look at it.

thanks in advance...

Dimensions are different...it would be a tough fit :(

Pretty sure you would have to drill at least one side as bolts to mount are further apart. Whiich may also mean u would have to see about shroud if you have one.

Not sure on width but if u don't get an answer I can go out and measure tomorrow.

Pretty sure you would have to drill at least one side as bolts to mount are further apart. Whiich may also mean u would have to see about shroud if you have one.

Not sure on width but if u don't get an answer I can go out and measure tomorrow.

I've got my Jeep here, with the radiator I pulled from it...
Its the YJ measurements that seem to alude me.
I just went on ebay and looked at some for a YJ and they are definitely different....
You're probably right, it's gonna be some work..and may not be worth it

thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom