york compresser bracket ?'s

york compresser bracket ?'s

RAWDOG

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Building a 1972 cj5,
built 350,sm420,f/r d60's ,regeared dana 20 twin stick. More to come
Putting a york compresser on a 350 chev. Just wondering if anyone has any pics of the bracket setup they use. I have the bracket the pump came with but need to adapt it from that to motor. Thanks

how about a picture of what you have??:cool:

Putting a york compresser on a 350 chev. Just wondering if anyone has any pics of the bracket setup they use. I have the bracket the pump came with but need to adapt it from that to motor. Thanks

Re: york compresser bracket ?'s Have pics of pump up.

Here is the brackets that came with it. It came off of a early 80's volvo. Any help on how to mount this thing to a chevy 350 would be sweet. Pics would be the best thanks

Attachments

• Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 614
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 532
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

If some one speaks up and has pictures of a York compressor, on a Volvo bracket adapted to a 350 Chevrolet in a Jeep, it will be what I will considder to be a most amazing event.:rolleyes:

find out where the Chevrolet A/C mounts and perhaps even find one of the mounts, the chances are very good that the York will bolt to that mount as easily as not. The 4 bolt mount pattern is the same pattern as a number of other compressors. I am assuming this will be for compressed air??:cool:

Here is the brackets that came with it. It came off of a early 80's volvo. Any help on how to mount this thing to a chevy 350 would be sweet. Pics would be the best thanks

yes onboard air

I found some pics that will work..Just wanted to share.

Attachments

• 100_0561.jpg
    100_0561.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 387
  • york2.jpg
    york2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,239
  • york3.jpg
    york3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 409
  • york4.jpg
    york4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 415
I would make the base plate heavier and loose the slotted holes.:cool:

I'm thinking those sloted holes are belt adjust? Looks like it runs off the PS pump and would get belt tension set last after the PS pump is set and those slots may not even be enough?

The York compressor is capable of making some serious pressure if there is anything that can move , it will. I would work at getting the center of the pulley as close to the bolts , to cut down on the leverage, as I could and concoct some kind of idler rather than slotted holes. I think I would even look for some sort of pressure switch to drop out the clutch before you blew out the pressure hoses.:cool:

I found this setup. Mine will look something like this. I will be using the rollbar,exo cage,f,r bumpers for tank.

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 174
Ok I will just use the front and rear bumper

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom