2100 carb ?

2100 carb ?
thanks for all the info. i got the carb soaking and waiting to get rebuilt. this will be my first carb rebuild. hope i can figure out the linkage to.

:eek: good luck it looked like a nice clean carb:chug:

ya it was the nicest looking one he had. that is why i was hoping it was the 2100. the one i didnt know what it was had the throddle butterflies rusted shut.:eek:

i am hoping this fixes my starting problem.

I've recently finished swapping a motorcraft carb for my Carter YF. If you're swapping from a single barrel to the M/C, you'll need a custom made adapter plate. If you're swapping in the M/C from a two barrel it's an adapter plate you can pick up from sumitt or jegs. Let me know, I'll dig you up the part number.

As for the hole, you'll just need to fill it with some silicon so that you're not sucking air in that isn't going through the air filter. Speaking of filters, do you have power brakes, if you do, you're pretty much Limited to a 7" round. If you wants some pics, let me know, I'll put some of those up to.

One more thing, check the jet size in that carb. From what I've read and tinkered with 46-48's are the size you want.

can i get that part# from ya for the spacer. thanks

thanks elwood.:chug: now i have run into a coulpe of problems. i took the carb apart today and the carb kit he gave me dont match and i cant get one of the jets out. it stripped right where the screwdriver goes. any ideas on how to get the jet out, where can i get jets, and if this thing is a 2100. the carb kit says for a 2100d. not sure of the difference. this is the first time i took a carb apart and it wasnt to bad except for these to things. thanks

got the jet out with a chizel. now i just need to buy new jets and carb kit.:D

elwood where did you run your wire for the choke?

dalefann88, I never ran a a hot wire to the choke. I ended up swapping to an older model 2100 with an automatic choke. There are a few options for the hot wire. You can run a hot wire through a switch, but if you forget and leave it on... flooded. You can hook it up to a hot wire in the engine bay, but if you get one that's on when the key is on... flooded. If you can find a hot wire that is only live when the the engine is running... you'd be in there like swim wear. Unfortunately I can't give you more detailed information than that.

maybe i should just leave my manuel choke on.

A lot of guys on other boards said that is the way they went. If you've already got the stuff to do it, you might as well.

i am having a problem finding the right carb kit for it. with no carb number this :censored:. in the rebuild cj gave me on here has the carb kit i need. anyone have a idea on what that kit number might be. thanks

NAPAONLINE®

If the carb you got is from a 1967 Mustang, here's the rebuild kit from NAPA. You can order it online, or take the number to your local NAPA and have them order it. From my experience NAPA online takes forever, you're probably better off going to the local store, there's a slim chance they may have it in stock.

brass float;
NAPAONLINE®

thermostat;
NAPAONLINE®

NAPAONLINE®

If the carb you got is from a 1967 Mustang, here's the rebuild kit from NAPA. You can order it online, or take the number to your local NAPA and have them order it. From my experience NAPA online takes forever, you're probably better off going to the local store, there's a slim chance they may have it in stock.

brass float;
NAPAONLINE®

thermostat;
NAPAONLINE®

thanks elwood. that is the same kit i have at my work and it is not right. i dont think he remembers which carb is which.

well i went back to his house and grabbed another carb. this one has d9te and the rest is rubbed off the id plate. from what i can find it is a 2150 with 1.21 stamped on the side. will this one still work right. or will it cause problems.

Just for comparison

1 bbl YF Carter = 187-220 CFM
2bbl BBD Carter = Around 275 to 280 CFM (some places say 197 CFM)
2bbl Progressive 32/36 DGEV Weber = 300 CFM
2bbl 38 DEGS Weber = 400 CFM
2bbl 2100

venturi = CFM
.98 = 190
1.01 = 240
1.02 = 245
1.08 = 287
1.14 = 300
1.21 = 351
1.23 = 356
1.33 = 424

So, the easiest thing to do would be to take the venturis out of the 1.08 and put swap them in to the 1.21 body. BUT, if the carbs aren't the same, the venturis may not be the same. If one of the carbs is a 2100 and on is a 2150, the venturis will be different. There are differences in the venturis from some years of the 2100. Do you have any pics of the 1.21 carb?

I found this write up specifically for a MC2100 conversion on a Jeep, it's got some good info in it;
MC2100-5 - eSnips, share anything

ok i gave back the 2150 with 1.21 venturis. i finally found the right carb kit for the first one i got off him. from the info on the kit i found makes the carb i got a 2150 with 1.08 venturis off a 81 through 82 ford f150 with a 302cid. i hope when i get it rebuilt it will work good. this carb has been a pain in my :censored:. i paid $25 for it and i wont know till tomarrow if the kit completely matches costing $46. i just took the top gasket with me and it matched. the good thing about working at a parts store is i can order anything in and not pay for it lol untill i know i got the right one.

If it doesn't work out let me know. I have a couple yards near by, I'll scrounge up a 2100 for you, all you'd have to pay for is the JY cost and shipping. There are so many fords and stuff, I could have my choice of bunches.
I saw like 5 york AC compressors the last tiem I was in the yard.
I should make a trip back get them and sell them to finance build stuffs....rambling...

Anyway, get me a year and model vehicle to look for and I'll scrounge one up if need be.

If it doesn't work out let me know. I have a couple yards near by, I'll scrounge up a 2100 for you, all you'd have to pay for is the JY cost and shipping. There are so many fords and stuff, I could have my choice of bunches.
I saw like 5 york AC compressors the last tiem I was in the yard.
I should make a trip back get them and sell them to finance build stuffs....rambling...

Anyway, get me a year and model vehicle to look for and I'll scrounge one up if need be.

thanks brock. the kit i got is the right one. i will start to rebuild it hopfully on sunday. once i get it on and see if it runs or not i might get back with you.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks