304 not getting gas Fuel pump issues??

304 not getting gas Fuel pump issues??

Jake

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
80 CJ-7 304 30/20 arb SOA 33's wrangler springs, np235, Dana 300, 4.56's , high steer, auto meter, family cage, working on fuel injection.....
I am having a problem getting the jeep started. It cranks and cranks but no fuel getting to the carb. Once it fires, the fuel pressure is between 5-7. There is also been a leak at the connection between the fuel line from tank and the fuel pump. It only leaks when I have the cranking problem. Seems like it's plugged but works fine once started? I have inspected all lines and connections. Could the pump be plugged?? Why would it work after??

Thanks for your help

I just noticed that there is no filter. The previous owner must have remove it?? There is a very small inline filter, the clear small glass one right before the carb. That means there is no filter before the pump. I will need to change that ASAP. Thanks for the reply

Lol sounds like your leak is allowing the fuel to drain out of your fuel line...then when you go to crank your Jeep back up the pump is having to suck the fuel out of the tank and all the way to your carb. defienetly need to fix your leak and add another fuel filter, prior to the pump prefer :chug:

Your right, I am adding a filter as we speak. I found that the inlet line from the tank has cracking around the clamp area. It was leaking from there as well but thought it was from the other line. Thank you guys for your help.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom