4.0 head upgrade on 4.2

thats what i thought 85-145 lbs difference. i was a little on the high side at 150lbs

You can make it lighter with aluminum heads & intake from Edlebrock.
Headers drop some more, if your really weight contentious Indy makes an aluminum block.;)

thats what i thought 85-145 lbs difference. i was a little on the high side at 150lbs

You can make it lighter with aluminum heads & intake from Edlebrock or Indy.
Headers drop some more, if your really weight contentious Indy makes an aluminum block.;)

You can make it lighter with aluminum heads & intake from Edlebrock or Indy.

You guys are stating to make me drewl....then I thought...I remember you saying something about "personally i think i'd rather swap in a v8 as to spend that kind of money on a 6cyl " aren't aluminum heads and Edlebrock manifolds and aluminum blocks kinda expensive?
Hummm.now I'm really confused, is it about money or not? ;)

You guys are stating to make me drewl....then I thought...I remember you saying something about "personally i think i'd rather swap in a v8 as to spend that kind of money on a 6cyl " aren't aluminum heads and Edlebrock manifolds and aluminum blocks kinda expensive?
Hummm.now I'm really confused, is it about money or not? ;)

I've never owned a V8 I didn't put a aluminum intake on at least a gas powered one. They aren't expensive. Granted aluminum heads are more, but if your thinking of popping for a multi-angle valve job, screwing studs, port matching, hot tanking, magnafluxing would add to the ticket whether a 6 or V8 & aluminum heads include most & don't need the other. As far as aluminum blocks go, sure that's dream stuff. At least it's available for he AMC V8, even if it's out of most of our budgets.;)

i'm talking about a mostly stock 350, cast iron heads, edelbrock intake (already have 2 of those lyin around), stock - mild cam, already got a set of shorty headers. i could put a mostly stock 350 together for less than a grand, including machine work. so it could be done very reasonably, save for the biggest expense of adapters.

I know Howell makes a California Smog Kit the smog dogs like.If you go to
jeepforum.com and type Howell EFI in the search window there's a lot of reviews on it.Also the CJ8 .com forum too.I've been running a Howell for about 13 years and it does okay.Parts are GM and available anywhere.
My 0.02 worth
Mike

Sasquach have put the mopar injection on yet and if so how do you like it

Due to the scope of the project(4.0 head, MPI, headers with a new exhaust, etc.) and summer fast approaching I plan on doing it this fall/winter, I plan on a thread with photos and such for the "next guy" and sure I will be calling for help as well.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom