A T-18 target of oportunity

A T-18 target of oportunity

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
A Jeep Wide ratio T-18 from a 76 CJ5 that had/has a 360 in front of it, obviously not stock, with a Dana 20 TC for $500. Opinions?? comments?? I am about 99% sure this has a 7.5 inch input shaft. Right now the plan is to pick it up on Saturday.:cool: I don't really need this now but I'm here, it's here, the money is here. It's just Karma! The universe provides.:cool:

A Jeep Wide ratio T-18 from a 76 CJ5 that had/has a 360 in front of it, obviously not stock, with a Dana 20 TC for $500. Opinions?? comments?? I am about 99% sure this has a 7.5 inch input shaft. Right now the plan is to pick it up on Saturday.:cool: I don't really need this now but I'm here, it's here, the money is here. It's just Karma! The universe provides.:cool:

A V8 say it ain't so IO.:rolleyes:

There's a 11.87-inch input shaft from the Pickup.

There's a 11.87-inch input shaft from the Pickup.
The only thing I can think of that could be a problem is the input shaft and the T-150 is 7.5 inches so as long as this one is 7.5 +/- and it already has a Dana 20 on it I should be OK in the CJ5 . thank you for your help.

A V8 say it ain't so IO.:rolleyes:
I'm not buying the motor, he wants $1200 for the motor and it does sound pretty hot but not that hot.:)
I really want the T-18 and the Dana 20 is a plus. When you came in I thought "well hell what did I miss". The universe could have provided at a better time, now I can put it in the barn with the Dana 44 .:) and that sucker is going to weigh in at pretty close to 200 pounds, thats going to be fun too.:cool:
Mananna

I'm not buying the motor, he wants $1200 for the motor and it does sound pretty hot but not that hot.:)
I really want the T-18 and the Dana 20 is a plus. When you came in I thought "well hell what did I miss". The universe could have provided at a better time, now I can put it in the barn with the Dana 44 .:) and that sucker is going to weigh in at pretty close to 200 pounds, thats going to be fun too.:cool:
Mananna

That's a T-18A 6.32 granny low right? The T-18 is a 4to1 low.

The only thing I can think of that could be a problem is the input shaft and the T-150 is 7.5 inches so as long as this one is 7.5 +/- and it already has a Dana 20 on it I should be OK in the CJ5 . thank you for your help.

I'd get everything from the block back to make sure, but if it was in his rig it should go into yours.;)

I'd get everything from the block back to make sure, but if it was in his rig it should go into yours.;)

The Jeep T-18A bell housing & shift fork are different than the T-176 & T-150 .
You can make the others work, but just to be safe. I'd get it all.

The tranny is a T-18 not a T-18a. but thinking about it I think that will work better for me anyway. It will be geared almost like the T-150 in 2, 3 and 4 and have the 4:1 1st gear. anyway going to look in the morning, taking money with me so I would bet I will own it by tomorrow night. going to try for the bell and will do what I have to do to get the drive shafts. The doner is a 75 CJ5 .

question; will the headers for a 360 fit a AMC 304 ? I am guessing not.:confused:

Dont forget even thoughy you will gain ratio on the tranny you are losing some on the T-case. I dont know the first gear of the T-150 but the final ratio might come out to be close to the same. Of course the T-18 is MUCH stonger.

Yep - Intake valves vary, but the exhaust port is the same, those doglegs breath like nothing else, same headers for AMC 304 - 401... There are different primary pipe sizes for the AMC V8, unless your screaming down the track, normal 1.75 is good to go...

You can change out the main shaft of the T-18 if you want the 6.32 granny low.;)

thanks CJ:cool:

Yep - Intake valves vary, but the exhaust port is the same, those doglegs breath like nothing else, same headers for AMC 304 - 401... There are different primary pipe sizes for the AMC V8, unless your screaming down the track, normal 1.75 is good to go...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom