A T-18 target of oportunity

A T-18 target of oportunity
Dont forget even thoughy you will gain ratio on the tranny you are losing some on the Transfer Case . I dont know the first gear of the T-150 but the final ratio might come out to be close to the same. Of course the T-18 is MUCH stonger.

Why would there be a difference between the Dana 20 on the T-150 and the Dana 20 on the T-18 ?:confused:

The ratio of the 1st gear of the T-150 is the same as the 2nd gear on the T-18 . :cool:

Well, I own it. With it I scored the drive shafts and the bell housing and a set of headers for a AMC 304 .
I never had a doubt about the strength of the T-18 but I had no real idea about the weight of the T-18 , especially with a Dana 20 and the bell still attached to it.
Holy :dung:,that SOB is HEAVY!:eek:

Well, I own it. With it I scored the drive shafts and the bell housing and a set of headers for a AMC 304 .
I never had a doubt about the strength of the T-18 but I had no real idea about the weight of the T-18 , especially with a Dana 20 and the bell still attached to it.
Holy :dung:,that SOB is HEAVY!:eek:

About a buck fifty dry weight for the tranny alone!;)

About a buck fifty dry weight for the tranny alone!;)
I'm wondering if the tranny will balance well enough and the Transmission tunnel hole is large enough to lift it with an engine hoist. I have a feeling the less familiar and physical I get with this chunk of iron, the better my autumn years will be.:cool:

I'm wondering if the tranny will balance well enough and the Transmission tunnel hole is large enough to lift it with an engine hoist. I have a feeling the less familiar and physical I get with this chunk of iron, the better my autumn years will be.:cool:

Friend it's times like these you need to become intimately familiar with the specialized piece of ordinance known as the "Articulating Hydraulic Tranmission Jack". He is your friend.;)

Friend it's times like these you need to become intimately familiar with the specialized piece of ordinance known as the "Articulating Hydraulic Tranmission Jack". He is your friend.;)
And easy to rent

yea your right I do need a better jack. But the more I think the better it sounds to swing it rather than lift it, just a thought.:cool:

IO get the jack, or borrow 3 floor jacks and try to remember which handle to adjust:eek:

I've hoisted transmissions in with an engine hoist. The trick is to use a strap/sling like a crane would use. Then you can adjust the angles while its hanging. Not real easy for one person to do, but it is possible.
I wonder if it would be possible to set it up with a engine leveler to get the angle correct?

I was just pondering the possibilities now that I appreciate the weight of this machine. It will for sure be a two man job, I am thinking about removing the top cover and finding the center of gravity using a plate with an eye bolt of some sort, bolted on to replace the top. Anyway I am still doing electrical I need to do the electric fan and the 4 wire wiper motor before I put the dash back on. Too much to do and too little time, I am a bit tired of wiring.

I've hoisted transmissions in with an engine hoist. The trick is to use a strap/sling like a crane would use. Then you can adjust the angles while its hanging. Not real easy for one person to do, but it is possible.
I wonder if it would be possible to set it up with a engine leveler to get the angle correct?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom