Am I leaking differential fluid?

Am I leaking differential fluid?

CjDan

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 jeep cj7 Inline 6
Yesterday I went on some
Trails with me jeep, nothing crazy, just sand, it was not intense or really bumpy, I was going slow but I also went through a mud puddle which ended up being 2ft deep and my whole axle was in it, and when I got back I noticed there was a small puddle of something, it was not even like alot just it was wet and it still is there and it seems to
Be coming from my axle tube near the passenger format wheel... Could it possibly be my axle seal or do
You think water is still in there and it is just still coming out.... I felt the fluid
It was slimy but i also have alot of grease there, and I'm thinking
It is water mixed with grease/mud... It didn't have a strong odor, but I'm not to sure whatnot could be, an if it is the axle seal should it be something to worry about and get it fixed asap or should I just leave it for a few days... I woke up this morning and there was a puddle there but it was not as much, just like a drop or two....

Most likely you have a bad axle seal. You could remove the wheel and drum to inspect it.

Pull the fill plug out of the diff. and see if it's over full,or looks like a milkshake if it is you have gotten water in the diff.

I just drove the car home for 30 miles an nothing felt different, it felt
Good and it is nit leaking after I did it, it's weird.. Im not
To
Sure.. It's perfectly fine it looks, I will look closer in the next few days

Real Jeeps don't leak they just mark their territory.:rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom