another brake booster question.....

UpTheCreek

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 w/304 & T-150,
1978 CJ5 w/258 & T-176 (25+ yrs. ago!)
I bought a yj brake booster off ebay. I actually won it for $6.00. :cool:

It appears to be in great shape, as does the master cylinder. It looks just like the one in this write up: YJ Brake Booster Upgrade

Anyway, I cleaned it up, painted it and installed it as per the instructions on that site. His part numbers for the adapters were spot on, it really installed easily. I was hoping I wouldn't need to lengthen the pushrod as he had to, but after bleeding the brakes a gillion times and sure there's no air in the system, the pedal still goes to the floor. It firms up nice with the engine off (no vacuum), but I am still able to push it to the floor with very little brake effect. With engine running, it goes easily to floor and a tiny bit of brake effect.

My big question: Can the push rod be removed without removing the whole shabang? Is it clipped in there or just a force fit? I was hoping I could force it out from the the other side of the firewall to do the modification. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any info!

Howard

Hmmmm if you still have your cj bracket then you will have to remove the pushrod from the bracket, looking at mine it looks possible to do, if you do not have the cj bracket then i am not aware of any of the pushrods being removable from the back of the brake booster :( Hmm taking another look at his write up he used the YJ braket and booster I do not know what is or is not doable there

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom