Automatic Vs Manual

Hello finallymycj and welcome to our site! :chug:

The main reason to keep it the way it is, is... You don't have to do anything to the drive train to get it moving again. All the work is done for you... :)

To convert to a manual Transmission - you will need a bell housing, clutch and pressure plate, flywheel, linkages, drive shafts, and various other parts as well as picking out what Transfer Case you will use and adapters if needed...

Thanks! The more I'm reading and hearing from people I'm leaning towards leaving it the way it is.:) I've Never dealt with a QuadraTrac before, so I was a little nervous from reading some articles about it. The Jeep has been sittin for almost 7 years it runs (before I dismantled everything to clean up the frame and replace the tub) but I was not able to take it for a test drive so I'm not sure how well the QuadraTrac works if at all. Does anyone have a good place for me to find out about quadratracs?

And you may be about to become our resident expert.:cool:

I think I'm going to stay! When I bought the CJ7 I also got a Late sixties CJ5 that is pretty much just a frame (no title either) I might just build that one when I'm done with the 7 and have both! :)

If you find you dont care for the full time 4x4 the Qudratrac uses you can always get a part time conversion kit. Also if yours doesnt have low range in it already you can "steal" the low range unit from a J-truck and bolt it up to yours.
I think I'm going to stay! When I bought the CJ7 I also got a Late sixties CJ5 that is pretty much just a frame (no title either) I might just build that one when I'm done with the 7 and have both! :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom