bolt on power

Sorry to thread jack here but since these are all things that i want to do to my AMC 304 in the rebuild i have to ask. how much does it normally cost for a 3 angle valve job and port/polish of the heads?

Call your local machine shop for the price on that but the valves and decking the head will be about $300 for the pair. This may start a discussion but I would not waste money on port and polish, what you gain would only be relevant to a very well built race engine. Not a lot of bang for your Peso.
:cool:

Sorry to thread jack here but since these are all things that i want to do to my AMC 304 in the rebuild i have to ask. how much does it normally cost for a 3 angle valve job and port/polish of the heads?

Nobody says gears? Wanna wake up your ride, put in steeper gears. Best seat of the pants for the money upgrade in the world.

Nobody says gears? Wanna wake up your ride, put in steeper gears. Best seat of the pants for the money upgrade in the world.

Good point but..............

it all depends on what kind of jeep we're talking about. If it's going to be primarily a trailer queen than sure, set it up with the 4.56's. But if it's only going to see the dirt a few times a year and be driven primarily on the street taller gears could be very detrimental to performance. POWER upgrades is what the OP is asking about. I plan on swapping out the T-150 in my CJ5 and putting a T-18 in it to raise the crawl ratio without sacrificing drive-ability.

once again, it all depends on the jeeps primary purpose...cause 4.56's sound mighty good to me with 35s....lol

once again, it all depends on the jeeps primary purpose...cause 4.56's sound mighty good to me with 35s....lol

35's? :eek:

Well then I guess 4:56's would be good for you! :D

35's? :eek:

Well then I guess 4:56's would be good for you! :D

I run a T19 granny, 4-speed, 4.56 gears with 38" tires.
On the highway it's like having O/D, on the trail theres granny low.

I run a T19 granny, 4-speed, 4.56 gears with 38" tires.
On the highway it's like having O/D, on the trail theres granny low.

Just out of curiosity what kinda gas mileage do you get with that setup? :confused:

10 MPG., but that's with a hopped up 401 4v V8.:rolleyes:

4v 401? like dohc? didnt know that they made one... got a 4.6 dohc in the mach and i know chevy made a 4v 347 that was in the c4 zr1 corvettes but was unaware that amc or dodge made one...

4v 401? like dohc? didnt know that they made one... got a 4.6 dohc in the mach and i know chevy made a 4v 347 that was in the c4 zr1 corvettes but was unaware that amc or dodge made one...

Sorry to confuse you youngsters.
In the old days 4v stood for 4 venturi aka. 4 barrel carb.;)

I could add the Team Rush upgrade. Man, my CJ is running way better than it was before, and I'm betting better MPG and less CO2 to the atmosphere.

so just a quick question. i have a AMC 304 4v that was locked up from sitting outside when i got it. i pulled the heads off and it needs to be bored probly and i think it may be the crank that it seized. is it worth rebuilding

so just a quick question. i have a AMC 304 4v that was locked up from sitting outside when i got it. i pulled the heads off and it needs to be bored probly and i think it may be the crank that it seized. is it worth rebuilding

Guess you have to price it, but unless you intent on staying original, I would view this as the perfect time to drop in a 360 or 401! But then if it's a 4V, it isn't original, they were all 2bbls.

Guess you have to price it, but unless you intent on staying original, I would view this as the perfect time to drop in a 360 or 401! But then if it's a 4V, it isn't original, they were all 2bbls.

X2 on that! It cost no more to build the larger displacement motor, they weigh the same & "There's no replacement for displacement";)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom