Carb swap question

Carb swap question
OK so that takes care of the 2 bbl problem.:laugh:
that was easy.

You want to upgrade the 2 bbl??
not real hard, MC2100 is easiest and cheapest, Weber is the choice of some and the TBI for the ones with the coin of the realm and the patience. Ported injection is also on the menu but a pretty big job and price tag. and more than a couple of problems to be over come. This is where the fun starts.:D

Carter BBD - late 70's 318 CID

Well this i good, we know what you have now!!
Carter BBD off some 70's dodge. I suspect the PO installed this carb in place of the computer controlled carter BBD that your jeep came with. Same carb just no electronics.

Like mentioned above there are lots of options to upgrade the carb.

I have never used a weber, so i cant really give any advice for it.

I have used the MC2100 is a real simple Carb that works great on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l .

I Currently run a homemade frankenstein TBI system with closed loop fuel and timing control. I have the tuneing dialed in right now, it runs like a top.

:D

learning a lot about carbs today...lol

its always fun when you have purchased a vehicle and your going through and realizing the previous owner didnt quite disclose all the details. its alright though, at least im learning new things in the process /as a result.

ive already checked out the weber 32/36, that looks nice. ill check out the mc2100 as recommended too and compare them. the tbi sounds nice like rice but i think i want to keep this cj closer to stock. i have been keeping an eye out for another cj to join the family. maybe that one will be gifted with the tbi.

Your doing good, you learned at least two things today. At least one more than I did. Start learning about carbs, go to the grave yard, find a MC2100 1.08 and buy it cheap, a gallon can of carb dip and a $20 kit and you just built a carb. Thats what it is all about, when you tell someone"yea, I built the carb myself.":cool: You will soon be on the path to enlightenment.:D

:D

learning a lot about carbs today...lol

its always fun when you have purchased a vehicle and your going through and realizing the previous owner didnt quite disclose all the details. its alright though, at least im learning new things in the process /as a result.

ive already checked out the weber 32/36, that looks nice. ill check out the mc2100 as recommended too and compare them. the tbi sounds nice like rice but i think i want to keep this cj closer to stock. i have been keeping an eye out for another cj to join the family. maybe that one will be gifted with the tbi.

lol i like your thinking, and i agree. it would be better for me to do all the hands on i can. i am young, temporarily disabled, and going bored out of my mind. anything that gives me something to do in the garage with the jeep i consider a blessing.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom