Cj-6

Cj-6

fgarrett

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ-7, 97 Chevolet 4 door C-3500, perviously a 76 CJ-5
I had a guy stop me Sat. and ask if I liked old jeeps, he then went on to tell me he had an 84 CJ5 that was lenghtened 15 inches. Anyway I drove by Sun. and found he had a CJ6 , with about a 1 to 2" body lift. It dosn't look to bad body wise, I thought I might have to have a closer look. I was wondering what something like this might be worth. I will have to get pictures and look under it for the usual rust spots.

I paid $650 for my 75. That was the last year of the CJ6 .

From what I read here I thought 81 was the last year. I don't know anything about them, but I might have to learn if the price is right. Although I don,t need another jeep.

Your correct as far as the lower 48 :patriot: . The last year they were available in the U.S. was 1975. They were however produced up till 1981. Alot of the later models were Mexican border patrol Cjs that have since made it to the U.S. They were also used in other countries military as well after 1975.
I paid $650 for my 75. That was the last year of the CJ6 .

I have an 'opportunity' to purchase a 1962 Jeep CJ6 . It will start up. The original engine has been replaced with a Mazda / Nissan 4 cylinder and runs.

I can purchase it for $3000 CAD - What do you think? I want to do it but not sure if I have the time and place for the work required.

1. The cab cover is gone
  2. Remaining glass (all straight glass was the owners comment) Probably will need to be replaced.
  3. There is a custom roll bar added.
  4. There is some surface rust but nothing rusted through.
There is one dent of note.

We need pictures to have a clue on what condition it really is in for an opinion. You say it will start up. Is it drive able ?

I have an 'opportunity' to purchase a 1962 Jeep CJ6 . It will start up. The original engine has been replaced with a Mazda / Nissan 4 cylinder and runs.

I can purchase it for $3000 CAD - What do you think? I want to do it but not sure if I have the time and place for the work required.

1. The cab cover is gone
  2. Remaining glass (all straight glass was the owners comment) Probably will need to be replaced.
  3. There is a custom roll bar added.
  4. There is some surface rust but nothing rusted through.
There is one dent of note.
:welcome:
The engine combo peaks my curiosity. Is it an older carbureted engine? What Transmission / Transfer Case is it running?

:welcome:
The engine combo peaks my curiosity. Is it an older carbureted engine? What Transmission / Transfer Case is it running?
Thanks for asking!
The owner is my brother who lives a 4 hour drive away. He is a luddite so I will have to find another way to take pictures.
The Transmission and all related systems are original. It has the three gear shift thing. :-)
This Jeep CJ6 is located near New Denver BC.
If someone is super interested, I would consider arranging something a deal instead of keeping it for myself. I am leaning more to purchasing it for myself since I live next to open country and lots of 4X4 freedom!

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Thanks for asking!

Yes, it is a carberated older engine and he tells me that once I get the tires re-inflated, we can start it up and drive it because he drove it there.
The owner is my brother who lives a 4 hour drive away. He is a luddite so I will have to find another way to take pictures.
The Transmission and all related systems are original. It has the three gear shift thing. :-)
If someone is super interested, I would consider arranging something a deal instead of keeping it for myself. I am leaning more to purchasing it for myself since I live next to open country and lots of 4X4 freedom!

Thanks for asking!
But, your not (I guess)... What about a disposable camera? They make ones that look like film but are digital. Drop it off @ Walgreens.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom