clutch

clutch

asfaultdemon

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-5 304 AMC v8 t176 trans dana 300 Tcase d-44 in front,AMC 20 in the rear, 33'' tires alot more soon to come i hope
I was wondering if anyone knows the clutch size in a 81 CJ5 AMC 304 4speed? mine is way gone but i find two sizes and i want to have it on hand when i remove the motor to replace it . I dont want to wait to find out after i get it apart .My clutch now is so bad iv got to turn it off to get it in gear then i can shift it with out the clutch but it wont release far enouph to get it in gear still stops in gear tho . I think its got a broke finger on the presure plate but im not sure feels warped

the large one.:cool:

I was wondering if anyone knows the clutch size in a 81 CJ5 AMC 304 4speed? mine is way gone but i find two sizes and i want to have it on hand when i remove the motor to replace it . I dont want to wait to find out after i get it apart .My clutch now is so bad iv got to turn it off to get it in gear then i can shift it with out the clutch but it wont release far enouph to get it in gear still stops in gear tho . I think its got a broke finger on the presure plate but im not sure feels warped

Either one will fit ? I want to put the bigger one in but didnt know if it would fit . By the wayi see your from Texas . Long live Texas im in oregon but im from Amarillo . I love Texas so much that when i was told im dying of HIV (from a tattoo needle) my first reaction was to tell the doctor that would have to go back to Texas so they dont plant me in the dirt here. I wasnt born there but i will die there LOL stupid i know but i do love Texas Thanks for the help if both will fit ill get the bigger one

I believe the flywheel is drilled for both but I have never heard of anyone having the small one.
If you liked Amarillo you would love east Texas.

Yeah iv been all over Texas i drove truck there for several years . So ill go ahead and buy the larger clutch and start taking it apart. Thanks a bunch for the help

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom