Dana 20 Info

Dana 20 Info

fraz

Jeeper
Thanks
Hi all,

last Sunday i've met a guy who told me that in 1978 the CJ5 was produced with a Dana 20 T-case model that allowed to drive in 2WD Low Front as OE .
I've never ear anithing about this option as OE but only about the 2WD Rear Low position of the Dana 20 Shifter between N and 4L.

So... is that true or is a fake ?

:ty: A lot... :chug::chug::chug:

that can be done with a twin stick setup, but I don't think that was a factory option in 78

Not true. Only 2 high.

I do not have a 20 in mine, but have been told that there is a 2 low between 4low and neutral, jeep just didn't mark it. All I can say is try it and see.

Exactly Old dog...I too know about the non marked position between N and 4L but that allowed to drive with the rear 2WD Low not the Front....i'm still thinking that it's a fake...:cool:

The factory lockouts in the shift rails prevent 2WD Front Low.

Here is the shift pattern for a twin stick, and there is no 2WD Front Low selection.

attachment.php

Hey CJ

Is it one of thoes deals where you can take a detent ball out and get front low only?

Hey CJ

Is it one of thoes deals where you can take a detent ball out and get front low only?
On a CJ - Yes as far as I know. Not recommended though. It's very easy to get it in two gears... Then when you try and move you usually break things! :)

Thanks a lot CJ... now i can kick the :censored: of that guy...:chug:
Maybe - Maybe not... I believe some Scout Dana 20 's can do this from the factory... It all depends how the interlocks were set up. I know you said a CJ but he wasn't mistakenly talking about a Scout Dana 20 was he?

The 2LO option spoken of is due to worn components in the t-case shift linkage.
It's not an actual position once you replace the worn parts.

Don't you have to cut down the rail detents to get it to shift independantly between hi and low.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks