Dana 300 twin stick

Dana 300 twin stick

Germy

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 jeep cj7 360 20 rear and 30 front w/warn lockers 5 speed tranny,

1971 dodge dart built 318
I saw a conversion to two stick. How does this eliminate locking hubs? Are the hubs always locked? How does it work?

This does not eliminate the locking hubs (though it does allow the front Transfer Case output to be in neutral while the rear is in gear). It just allows you to select different gears than you can with the single stick. Such as front low - rear neutral, rear low - front neutral and more.

Dana 300 Twin Stick Shifter - Novak Conversions

Dana 300 twin w/ T-18

13_T18D300.jpg

Someone in my Dana 300 post, said that on a trail ride, it gets old having to get out to lock the hubs. Couldn't you get out and lock the hubs and drive in n until you need 4 hi or low? Tiny bit confused, I understand that it can independently control the diffs, but it does not eliminate the need for locking hubs? Thanks for the explanation cj!

On the trail it could easily be used as a way to not need to keep unlocking and locking hubs (if you do that). I would never use the twin stick like that on the road. I would always unlock my front hubs for road use.

On the thought of locking and unlocking hubs... If I'm on a trail that might need 4x4 - I just lock them and away I go.

Cool, thanks! I just misunderstood. Just getting ready to rebuild and gathering info!

One cool aspect of the twin stick is if you have a front locker, you can select low 2wd for the rear only and cut a nice tight corver on a trail then go back to low 4wd and motor on. You just need to mind the gas pedal because low 2wd can really put some stress on the rear end and drive shaft.

This does sound like a great mod. If you will please post the cost, of rebuild and difficulty. Sorry sounds like I'm lazy but I've got alot I'm looking at and working alot. the early hours of the day and late night is the time i get to do reshreach. Thanks alot.

This does sound like a great mod. If you will please post the cost, of rebuild and difficulty. Sorry sounds like I'm lazy but I've got alot I'm looking at and working alot. the early hours of the day and late night is the time i get to do reshreach. Thanks alot.

CJ Posted link above to one of the sites that sells and has a whole lot of info too.

Check it out... Good Reading.

Dana 300 Twin Stick Shifter - Novak Conversions

That site, Novak, is a plethora of great information!

(I do not think that word means what you think it means my friend! lol)

:chug:
~ JR

it also allows you to run just the front axle making your jeep front wheel drive. Unless your hard core wheeling it that not a need to twin stick it. A lot of guys will use it for front digs to help get the rig around tight corners.

If you do decide to do it you can make your own for pretty cheap.

it also allows you to run just the front axle making your jeep front wheel drive. Unless your hard core wheeling it that not a need to twin stick it. A lot of guys will use it for front digs to help get the rig around tight corners.

If you do decide to do it you can make your own for pretty cheap.
I use it for front digs a lot. It's effective, but takes awareness of your axle limits ;)

I built my own twin stick settup using an extra Dana 300 shifter and a couple of pieces of 1/4" plate steel. Quick, easy, and cheap. :cool:

Unless your hard core wheeling it that not a need to twin stick it.

I disagree I use mine all the time, mostly for 2wd. low. I'd be lost without it on the trails. The jeep turns better and I don't lug the engine. When you come to an obstacle just kick in the front wheels and go.
It also makes it alot easier to shift.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom