Dash Panel info

Dash Panel info

ujoint

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
69 cj5 V-6 93 YJ Rock Crawler
I am looking for some pictures of a dash panel for my 69 CJ5 . It was changed around by the original owner and I want to put it Back to original.
Thanks

This might help - not sure if your exact year is in this post....

LINK -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f7/different-dashes-what-years-different-2916/

And an image from Morris 4x4...

jeep-cj-dash-parts2.jpg

My 68 looked like that except it didn't have part#'s 4a-f, and 18 (knobs) The steering column was also mounted to the bottom of the dash(manual), instead of in the center-left. I purchased a dash on craigslist that maches the one cj sent. I was told it was for a 76-? It worked better for me since my 68' has been converted to power steering and is now mounted center-left. CJ, where can I buy part #'s: 4a-f, and the knobs. what are they for, and how much linkage/wiring is required to but those on my dash. I already have the holes there, and I want to fill them. Sorry for highjacking. ujoint- let me know if you're looking to sell those parts I mensioned.

Last edited:
I'm pulling my hair out. What I thought would be easy to find on line, turns out to be near impossible!:mad: Can't find any pics of an original CJ5 dash, that hasn't been altered. I may have my old dash still lying around. If I see it when I get home from work, I'll take a pic, and post it. Now it's got me wondering if my old dash was in fact stock or not.:confused:

I found my old dash for my 68' CJ5 . The black one is the one I purchased on CL that is supposed to be for a 76-? The red one is the original one I pulled off my cj. Notice the steering column mount on the bottom. PO had done a poor job of cutting a hole in the dash for the power steering conversion. Hope it helps.

I think the one that Longhorn sent (67') Is what mine looked like at one time. I measured the two gauge holes above the speedo, and they're kind of off-center. I think someone added those after the fact.

those are lighted labels for the different knobs. vent, heat, etc. there is one for the wipers and light switch as well. Find them on e-bay $25-$30 a set.:cool:

My 68 looked like that except it didn't have part#'s 4a-f, and 18 (knobs) The steering column was also mounted to the bottom of the dash(manual), instead of in the center-left. I purchased a dash on craigslist that maches the one cj sent. I was told it was for a 76-? It worked better for me since my 68' has been converted to power steering and is now mounted center-left. CJ, where can I buy part #'s: 4a-f, and the knobs. what are they for, and how much linkage/wiring is required to but those on my dash. I already have the holes there, and I want to fill them. Sorry for highjacking. ujoint- let me know if you're looking to sell those parts I mensioned.

I am even having trouble finding a pic online of a 68 dash, I can ell you this, it was spartan. both of my early 5s are modded so I can;t post them.

look at what I found
Dash%20Layout_1.jpg

that is not a 69, but it is the general layout of every dash up to 71, they may not have all the switches there, or may have a few others, but that is how the basic layout is.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom