Figured out my 1/4" axle end play

Figured out my 1/4" axle end play

JohnKcj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ5, 304, 4 speed, AMC 20 w/solid axles, 3:73 Motive gears, Eaton TrueTrac LSD's, WARN 8274, 3" lift, 33" ProComp M/T's
Did a lot of searching and reading. Came across this little snippet of vital information on a Truetrac reseller's site. Same model number(912A579 Detroit Truetrac AMC20 Rear). I bought my parts from Summit and they have no such note on their listing. Gonna get some 1-piece axles. 2-piece are a pain to maintain. Trying to figure out what I was doing wrong caused extreme insomnia this week. Passing it along for the next poor sap.

NOTES: THIS UNIT IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH AFTERMARKET 1 PIECE AXLES, IF CUSTOMER IS USING OEM STYLE 2 PIECE AXLES THEY WILL ALSO NEED QTY (1) YSPXP-061 AXLE SPACER -- JEEP CJ5 CJ6 CJ7 CJ8 H1 J10 AMX JAVELIN MATADOR WAGONNER

Reference
https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/912a579-detroit-truetrac-limited-slip-amc-20-jeep-cj/

That's correct there is a crush block between the axles in the stock carrier. When one piece axles are installed the block is discarded. Also if a lunchbox locker is installed in the stock carrier it's discarded also. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the install directions for the lsd/locker.

That's correct there is a crush block between the axles in the stock carrier. When one piece axles are installed the block is discarded. Also if a lunchbox locker is installed in the stock carrier it's discarded also. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the install directions for the lsd/locker.

It's called a thrust block, not crush, sorry bout that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom