gasket between dana 300 and tranny

gasket between dana 300 and tranny

superchicken

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ8 4inch lift 33" tires. 258 w/weber carb. borgensen steering shaft, acura seats. one piece rear axles.
09 JK unlimited 2" lift w/33" tires and procomp wheels.(wifes car)
51 ford chopped,29 ford roadster,64 EH wagon with injected v6(aussie version of chevy)
It's been awhile but, If I'm not mistaken it should be this one:
http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/cPath/2880_87_522/products_id/6056
Amazon.com: Omix-Ada 18603.03 Dana 300 Transfer Case Gaskets & Oil Seals Kit: Automotive

Someone who's been in one recently can confirm.

514W4FX7X1L._SS500_.jpg

Ok guys no gasket between the tranny and Transfer Case . The rear seal on the Transmission was leaking. here is where the seal was.
wheels208.jpg
Here is the shiny new seal in place where it belongs
wheels214.jpg
Now its happy again
wheels215.jpg:chug:

They were sold overseas and called the Worldcab. There is some info on them around the site. There was a CJ7 version as well.
that is a good lookin CJ8 . never seen a top like that before though, guess its an australlian thing

seems stange to not have a gasket :confused: You have a rustable cast iron Transfer Case mounted to an aluminum Transmission .... in the aircraft bussiness that usually causes a problem

seems stange to not have a gasket :confused: You have a rustable cast iron Transfer Case mounted to an aluminum Transmission .... in the aircraft bussiness that usually causes a problem

I am a big fan of Locktite 515. on that joint even if there is nothing to get out there would be a lot of stuff trying to get in. Gert has a point, I never thought of the need for a dielectric material. pondering that could make your head hurt. :cool:

well just dont ever trap water in there :eek: at least it will be years before it becomes a big problems

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom