Gear reduction for a quadratrac

Gear reduction for a quadratrac

projectcrawler

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ7
Anyone ever added a gear reduction unit to a quadratrac that was not originally equipped with one? I read you can add one to the pto of the case. Do the shafts in the case need to be swapped, or is it a bolt on? I found a few articles stating the reduction unit can be added, but not how to do it.

From my limited knowledge of the QT and a thread I saved a long time ago...

Just need to change out the stub shaft (and add the unit and accessories) and your good to go.

See this post -->> quadra-trac transfer case low range reduction unit - 4Wheel & Off-Road Forums at 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine

attachment.php

Looks like I would need the stub shaft from a unit with gear reduction. Probably won't be able to get a seperate shaft without a whole transfer case. Guess I will hold off on the reduction unit. Thanks CJ.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks