Steering Has anyone mounted their steering stabilizer to their Dana 30 cover?

Steering Has anyone mounted their steering stabilizer to their Dana 30 cover?

Rick1956

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ7, 258, SR-4, Dana 300, Dana 30, AMC 20
As with so many folks, my CJ7 stabilizer bracket was removed when one of the prior owners got a lift kit installed by the all-knowing mechanic at their favorite Jeep accessory store. "Ours is better," was likely hurled at the customer, "No reason to keep this old one."

I had a typical (in my case Skyjacker) clamp-on steering stabilizer on my Jeep when I got it. It was removed during all my repairs, and being the picky bastid I am, left off because of horrible fit. Now I'm thinking about welding a couple bosses/gussets on the differential cover, which would allow me to mount one at a better angle and without interference. I understand Ruff Stuff sells one, but I'd rather use my welder than $200+ dollars.

The stock Dana 30 cover seems fairly beefy for a stamped-out sheet metal part. Thoughts?

Are you looking for original hardware ? I had mine, OEM for 38 years on mine. I bought a HD tie rod and drag link and did the flip to the top. I could tell it was going to be some work to get it mounted back up and left it off. I have the original brackets and dampener if you are wanting to go that route.

This might help.

IMG_3283.jpeg

IMG_3279.jpeg

IMG_3282.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

The OEM bracket is very difficult to find and will put the stabilizer in the right position.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to mount it to the outside of the spring... I guess it was my vantage point. I'm going to revisit that notion. Thanks for the pics, Patrick.

Belizean, I may end up with one of those brackets yet, but I'm still not sure. I was interested in the possibility of welding a boss to the Dana 30 cover. One less thing to have to use some sort of clamp on...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom