Build Thread here we go.........

yes i can! secondly, can i get this on the road? possibly. after my post on the intro section ive decided to do a thread. please excuse my american as im english and in the uk, got this 73 CJ6 on tuesday. will start to strip the body off on saturday. watch this space...............

I love those build ups. Keep the pix comming. Hey your steering wheel's on the wrong side.

View attachment 6523 im gettin the hang of this! ive been after this truck for nearly 3 years, previous owner ive known for 20. lucky for me hes done a lot of work, body has recently been off and has all new nuts and bolts, top end of motor has been off, new head gasket and water pump, cooling system flushed with acid ( he put a drain tap in the block ), new rad,new high output alternator ,carb kit and new exhaust and battery,points,dizzy etc. starts and runs a treat:cool:

Its the first rhd CJ6 Ive ever seen. A CJ6 here in the states is quite rare anymore. They are few and far between. I cant imagine you see many driving around your town either. :laugh:
tis a rare beast i think?

View attachment 6530 ok last pic for now. looking through the bills i have for it, also has all new wheel cylinders and master cylinder, brakes work fine. hand brake is the first prob, looks like both cables from the splitter to the brake drums have seized .

I went to whitby a few years ago. (military sent me) one of the more interesting places I've been. Good luck on your build.

View attachment 6521 firstly.....can i post a pic!!??

It appears that your Jeep is only set up for one wiper arm or is the other arm just missing? In all the CJ's I have seen the wipers are in the windshield but your is not. Congrats on your awesome find!!

It appears that your Jeep is only set up for one wiper arm or is the other arm just missing? In all the CJ's I have seen the wipers are in the windshield but your is not. Congrats on your awesome find!!

thanks mate, looks like its only set up for one? not had time to investigate yet, but i ll have to remove the glass at some point , it has a bullet hole on the divers side, if i flip it , then it will pass the transport test for the uk.

I went to whitby a few years ago. (military sent me) one of the more interesting places I've been. Good luck on your build.

i hear its grim up north now! im on the south coast, always sunny in BRIGHTon ! thanks for your luck

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom