Build Thread here we go.........

Build Thread here we go.........
questions....... is there a single barrel carb option for this motor ? fuel cost here in the uk is HIGH:(
whats the shift pattern for the 4wd ? there is no side to side movement, just fore and aft.
thanks steve o

whats the shift pattern for the 4wd ? there is no side to side movement, just fore and aft.
thanks steve o

All the way forward (front of jeep) is 4H, then 2H then Nuetral, then 4L

Normally anyways... In my Limited experience...

What Transfer Case do you have in that beast? Just a single 4WD stick yes?

questions....... is there a single barrel carb option for this motor ? fuel cost here in the uk is HIGH:(
thanks steve o

forget the first question ! already has a single barrel carb:)

RUST! would love to do a ground up re build but havent the dollars to do it at the mo, so its going to be a clean up an anti rust paint for now. there seems to be a rear suspension rubber missing ( or one added on the other side) at the back.see pics 3 +4. not measured for level yet. any thoughts from you guys?

Looking good! Definately looks alot cleaner with the paint. I thought it was supposed to be rainy and dreary in the UK? Looks like you have the perfect weather going on for your project.

thanks pete , yea we got a mini heatwave going on here meant to be about 17 c
at this time of year but weve had a week of 25 c , perfect for slapping on paint. should get the wings back next week , then start on the tub:chug:

View attachment 6714 found a small problem today, one of the top hat shaped bit s on the back of the transfer box has gone:confused: wonderd where the oil was dripping from, i understand that these are not available to buy so i ll have to get a mate to turn one up. orderd a load of spares aswell so should be able to start building up next week:D:chug:

View attachment 6971

View attachment 6972 latest update ! rear tub has been to my fabricator mate and we spent a day doing the worst, rear struts across tub had to be replaced and a bit of patching here and there ( tbh we could of spent a week on it but £ dont allow this:( ) considering it s been in england since 73 its not to bad. fitted new handbrake cables, diff covers have been off and flushed out , alot of gunge in there but no chunks of metal :) so new gaskets and oil.
so lots of anti rust painting to do.......keep on keeping on:chug: steveo
btw , been in contact with another 6 owner of 15 years here in the uk, he reckons there are only 4 or 5 here in the country and only one of these is on the road ( with a diesel conversion ) so a pretty exclusive motor......cool:p

just found that my six has not been road taxed for 23 years , so where has it been all this time? be interesting to find out the previous PO S . john bonham perhaps, :eek:,it s a rockers sort of vehicle!! a mate of mine has a boat that was reputed to be owned by john lennon:notworthy: how many CJ6 s were imported to the uk?

I like the dash look man! Coming together bud... :chug:

~ JR

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom