Hydraulic clutch troubles! please help.

Hydraulic clutch troubles! please help.
Summit had some mounts for 350 in cj... Was just looking into that. Some were bolt on . 60 - 80 $ I believe?

thanks guys!! ya i thought u could just replace the rubber. i will just match up the old ones i take out with new ones i buy. i guess thats the best option.

That's a very good idea. It might save you an extra trip to the parts store of you take the old ones with you to match them up.

The hard part about that is removing both motor mounts at the same time with the engine still in the jeep. Doing them one at a time allows you to just rock the engine up on one mount while replacing the other. To do both at the same time, you could try to jack it up from under the oil pan, but if you do, use a thick piece of plywood between the jack and pan so you don't dent it. Or you could try and jack the engine up from the harmonic balancer with a piece of 2x4 under the balancer. The best way would be to park under a tree or somenting else that's sturdy and use a come along or other winch, or better yet, an engine hoist to lift the engine up from above.

Don't lift it by the harmonic balancer, put the 2x4 under the pan skid plate.

A pic of the mount might really help here.
I have a 350 in mine, and with the mounts I have,
you would just replace a thick rubber washer looking piece.

Don't lift it by the harmonic balancer, put the 2x4 under the pan skid plate.
He said he's got an engine hoist. :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom