Identify Axle . . .

Identify Axle . . .
Still working on the draglink/tierod issue but I did call the previous owner and he indicated to me that that he put Moser axles in the rear. Can anyone tell me about the significance of that?

It means he replaced the junk model 20 two piece axle shafts with Moser one piece units. It's a good thing.

ParsonMac I was looking at your axle there and am more confused now :confused:
It is a Dana 44 from a chevy based on your numbers...your passenger knuckle looks like a stock Dana 30 knuckle...the brakes look like the GM bolt on splash sheild type but I do not recognize the type of caliper that you have :confused: and lastly if I see it correctly you have the regular internal bolting type lock out that is found on most Dana 44 front axles did you PO tell you what type of brake system he used when he did the axle swap?

Well thanks for sharing your confusion with this already very confused Jeeper! :) The PO builds and races rockcrawlers and has indicated to me it's difficult for him to remember doing what to what vehicle and he could not recall the calipers on the Jeep. I do know this - the rears are from a mid 80's Lincoln. I'm about to do a brake job on it anyway. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for the other info. it's greatly appreciated!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom