It's a Gusher!!

It's a Gusher!!
I believe you can have it repaired for less but I think a re core will cost more than a new one, figure that one out? I guess they would just as soon not light a torch. make the call and tell me I am wrong.:cool:

I believe you can have it repaired for less but I think a re core will cost more than a new one, figure that one out? I guess they would just as soon not light a torch. make the call and tell me I am wrong.:cool:

Might be regional, my buddy had his 3 core from an 82 -7 done last month. Told me the cost was -100 bucks out the door.

could be, last time I had the need it was about 1/2 again more for the re core.

Jeeper,
I have soldered MANY a radiator on the trail. My club guys still talk about me "pressure testing" my radiator (that's me with my mouth wrapped around the large port a blocking the other with my hand) on a picnic table by the campfire. However having said all that, each trail fix involved a new rad when I got home.

Here's a little update...

I took the old radiator out of my Jeep and knew I was in for trouble when the fins literally began to crumble in my hands! Also, it was obvious that the bottom third of the radiator was plugged, and that both inlet and outlet tubes had been soldered (badly) in an attempt to repair some sort of previous damage.

Bottom line...I replaced the radiator with a new one that I got at a local mom and pop parts shop who actually had it in stock. I paid more for it than if I had ordered it online, but then I also feel good about supporting a local business. :chug:

I took the old radiator out of my Jeep and knew I was in for trouble when the fins literally began to crumble in my hands! Also, it was obvious that the bottom third of the radiator was plugged, and that both inlet and outlet tubes had been soldered (badly) in an attempt to repair some sort of previous damage.

Bottom line...I replaced the radiator with a new one that I got at a local mom and pop parts shop who actually had it in stock. I paid more for it than if I had ordered it online, but then I also feel good about supporting a local business. :chug:
Perfect. Problem solved the correct way, and on to the next! It's a good feeling to do a job once and done so you don't have to worry about sketchy repairs coming back to haunt you.:chug:

Good for you :D. You did it the right way.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom