Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep CJ-7
4 speed, 258ci.
Pretty much stock.
Bought from the OG owner 100k miles
32X11.50-15 BFG ATs.
1966 Vw Beetle "Cal look"(o\!/o)
1963 logoed panel VW
2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner DC (Daily Driver)
I Know a guy that has a weber on the shelf(6mo.) at home and I want to get it from him. Well I need to know if the carb is the right one for me. I have an 84 stock 6 cyl. Is there anything I need to look for ie; #s linkage, adaptars? I have worked with webers but only on VWs os I know I could pu the wrong one on and worse off then I was. Thanks,MB

PS He wants $AMC 150 .00 for it.

OK. Used is out. New is in. I want to use my jeep as a DD most of the time and want the webber I just do not know how to choose it. Any suggestions?

36/34?
34/34? dgec?<------???

I just do not know enough about carbs to make an educated choice.

Last edited:
OK. Used is out. New is in. I want to use my jeep as a DD most of the time and want the webber I just do not know how to choose it. Any suggestions?

36/34?
34/34? dgec?<------???

Im not an educated carb man either but I just put the 32-36 K551 on my 83 CJ7 . Webercarbsdirect suggested that because I use the CJ as a DD . It really improved the drivability .

36/34?
34/34? dgec?<------???

i just finished putting a webber carb in my 77 CJ5 ...cost me 324 dollars but it runs like a champ now...i got the 34 dgec and went from the stock 1 bb to a 2 bb carb and it works great...got it off Weber Carburetors and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH1 this page...just match it up with year and engine size and you should be good 2 go.

I bought a Weber for my 87 Wrangler and never did get it to work. The butterfly valve was stuck closed out of the box. Weber has written on the box top “No Warranty Whatsoever”. I called Weber anyway and bi-tched until they agreed to look at it if I sent it to them at my expense. I talked to the tech after I got the carb back as it still wouldn’t work properly and asked about the stuck valve. He told me he just smacked it with a screw driver, no problem.

I’m sorry but for the $350 I paid for the thing that’s a joke. If you get a good one out of the box they will work fine, but unfortunately not all carburetors are built the same and that no warranty thing, they meant it. Cavite Emptor!

Anyone know the diff. between the WK551-34 and the WK551-34A?
I guess I am missing it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom