Mmmmmm donuts, a long winded rant and cry for help.

Mmmmmm donuts, a long winded rant and cry for help.
There are some crazy sounding home remedies that work.
Back in the day we used "Cherry Chapstick" on Holley carb gaskets so they would not stick to the float bowls & mess them up when changing jets.
Or spraying head gaskets with silver paint to help sealing.;)
ha first motor i ever built an old man helped me with it and he used silver spray paint on the head gaskets.

well i got the that particular leak fixed. and i found another one evidently when i put the intake/exhaust manifold back on after rebuilding it i missed a bolt it was tight but not torqued so now the exhaust manifold is leaking. so tommorrow i'll be doing that. hey heres a question for you/yall and i know this was mentioned in the topic elwood had going for a while but there was no answer to my ? there i went today and bought the gasket set for it and it has two gaskets why? the set that came with my engine kit only had one and it worked fine for a while (dumb me left a bolt loose). what do you do exactly with both gaskets one is shorter and only matches up with the center section of the other here is a pic

Intake/Exhaust Manifold Gasket Set by Felpro - Part MS90949 - Advance Auto Parts___#

ha first motor i ever built an old man helped me with it and he used silver spray paint on the head gaskets.

well i got the that particular leak fixed. and i found another one evidently when i put the intake/exhaust manifold back on after rebuilding it i missed a bolt it was tight but not torqued so now the exhaust manifold is leaking. so tommorrow i'll be doing that. hey heres a question for you/yall and i know this was mentioned in the topic elwood had going for a while but there was no answer to my ? there i went today and bought the gasket set for it and it has two gaskets why? the set that came with my engine kit only had one and it worked fine for a while (dumb me left a bolt loose). what do you do exactly with both gaskets one is shorter and only matches up with the center section of the other here is a pic

Intake/Exhaust Manifold Gasket Set by Felpro - Part MS90949 - Advance Auto Parts___#

When I do it, I always let it warm up. Then re-torque, drive a little then re-torque, then drive a little longer the re-torque. Especially on a 6, they're finicky like that.;) BTW on a 6, I always start from the center out.

yeah i followed the torgue sequence in the haynes manual but i guess i missed one, what is the second smaller gasket for? well i guess theres nothin to do but tear it apart and figure it out

The blue one is the intake gasket, the gray one is both intake & exhaust.
The other two could be the old heat riser between the intake & exhaust.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom