More Power!!

More Power!!
Yes you will need an adapter. Im gonna post results in my Cj-8build thread then.
Sweet I'll stay tuned. will I need an adapter to mount the weber or MC2100 since they are 2bbl?

Last edited:
Im with you as far as "theres no replacement for displacement". I probably shouldve been a little more clear. Im just down on power for a stock six. A few little upgrades for now is fine. The CJ5 has a 360 for when I need some get up and go. :D
The last time I ran a "6", I had an Offenhauser Dual Port Dual Plane aluminum intake, A Holley 390 cfm 4v carb with all the off-road mods. A fresh three angle valve job, milled the head for more compression, A Clifford six into two header dumping into a FlowTech Terminator muffler two 2 1/2" in 3" out. MSD 6AL with Ford cap convertion. Cilfford cam & Dual roller timing chain.
She ran sweet, but it still wasn't a 401V8.;)

Sweet I'll stay tuned. will I need an adapter to mount the weber or MC2100 since they are 2bbl?

Not to hijack your thread Pete. :chug:

JSnow, from what I understand the Weber's do come with an adapter plate. As far as I know, unless you custom mill one, there is no adapter for a Motorcraft 2100 to a single barrel AMC intake. I originally had a YF single barrel on mine as well, stock 1978, I ended up picking up off Craigslist a 1979 two barrel intake. There are adapters from Summit and Jegs for the two stock two barrel.

My mc2100 came with an adapter plate from Mr gasket. Never got the part # though. The weber I got had a adapter but didnt come with it cause it got lost in the shuffle. Off to Ebay I go. :rolleyes:
Not to hijack your thread Pete. :chug:

JSnow, from what I understand the Weber's do come with an adapter plate. As far as I know, unless you custom mill one, there is no adapter for a Motorcraft 2100 to a single barrel AMC intake. I originally had a YF single barrel on mine as well, stock 1978, I ended up picking up off Craigslist a 1979 two barrel intake. There are adapters from Summit and Jegs for the two stock two barrel.

Got the adapter plate , but Im missing one piece of linkage. Im trying to fab it up so I can install it this weekend.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom