Motor oil warning!

I add qt marvel mystery oil with every oil change jeep used to smoke but since the marvel mystery oil it stoped it also works its magic in other ways too

I first heard this 3 years ago when I bought a cam from comp cams.
I've been using shell rotella t in all my flat tappet cams ever since.:)

I first heard this 3 years ago when I bought a cam from comp cams.
I've been using shell rotella t in all my flat tappet cams ever since.:)

X2 on that Dog!Rotella T may be diesel engine oil but it's additive package is also good for older style flat tappet motors.:D

Competition Cams also say's to use straight 30 weight not multi-vis.

well i run it about 500 miles then change the oil after break in, i just haven't ever thought about running it for a 3,000 mile oil change interval. of course that stuff is about $12 a bottle so that could get expensive with every oil change, then again flattening a cam lobe could get that way real fast as well

well i run it about 500 miles then change the oil after break in, i just haven't ever thought about running it for a 3,000 mile oil change interval. of course that stuff is about $12 a bottle so that could get expensive with every oil change, then again flattening a cam lobe could get that way real fast as well

Just run the rotella it doesn't cost much more than other oils.
I just picked up a 2 1/2 gallon jug for $25.:)

I've seen wear tests done on aircooler vdub motors and rotella is good but mobile1 full syn is better, on par with royal purple, but BradPenn is the best. You can order it or pick it up if you have someone near who stocks it.

Last edited:
I've seen wear tests done on aircooler vdub motors and rotella is good but mobile1 full syn is better, on par with royal purple, but Welcome! is the best. You can order it or pick it up if you have someone near who stocks it.

Your saying it's better than Mobil 1 and it's not a syn. ?

http://www.bradpennracing.com/
Is a high performance oil and if you look about like the 10w30 is a partial syn.
They have other products. Yes it's better than Mobile1, I've seen wear testing and
dyno results and it is the best I've seen, I use Mobile1 myself due to the fact I
don't have a regular supplier of BradPenn close by and would have to order it.

I really got into oil research when I drove Vdub's as it's air and oil cooled and
depends on a good quality oil to survive.

Perfect timing. Changing the oil this weekend. Can you pick up the Rotella at Kmart and such or will I just have to grab Mobil 1? I usually use Castrol but guess I'll change.
Just run the rotella it doesn't cost much more than other oils.
I just picked up a 2 1/2 gallon jug for $25.:)

Perfect timing. Changing the oil this weekend. Can you pick up the Rotella at Kmart and such or will I just have to grab Mobil 1? I usually use Castrol but guess I'll change.

I buy my rotella and my mobil 1 at wally world. They always have the best prices around here. But all they carry for filters is the house brand and fram, so I have to buy my filters from napa (napa gold) or auto zone (k&n).

:ty:

I buy my rotella and my mobil 1 at wally world. They always have the best prices around here. But all they carry for filters is the house brand and fram, so I have to buy my filters from napa (napa gold) or auto zone (k&n).

This is good info. I'll be changing! I remember reading a thread recently, that when you change from conventional motor oil to Rotella, for example, you should change the oil filter every 500 miles for a while? Any thoughts on this?

I believe I read in the same thread, not to use Fram filters?

nothing wrong with fram filters, I've used them at my shops for year with out issue....although I have switched over to wixs recently because my fram supplier went under. it's not realy necisary to do multiple filter changes though after switching over.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom