Motorcraft 2100 replacement

Motorcraft 2100 replacement
thanks for the lite reading. I will page through that tonight. I am sure I missing something simple. I will also try putting it on the second step cam and see what happens. As to carb itself, I bought it professionally rebuilt by a reputable shop. Thanks for the tip guys!

Carburetor number Identification and Links Page

this one is good too.

Personalty I am going to look at the seal on the power valve and see if there is something holding the throttle plated open on the choke side of the carb. The more I think about it the more I do not understand why the main jets would have a lot to do with idle speed as they are not in play until the throttle plates are open and causing a low pressure in the top of the bore.:wtf:

Well I am back trying to figure out what is going on with the carb. It is still reving up in the 3000rpms. All loses hoses are capped and there is no lead at the base of the carb. If I put my hand over the choke plate, the carb dies out. The carb will idle nicely if I put my hand over the choke plate and block some of the air into the carb. The carb just runs out of control with the choke plate open or partially open. Adjusting the fast idle and cam seems not to fix the problem. What am I missing????

Ok it finally works!!!! Thanks to everyone for the help. What the problem turned out to be is the accelerator pump was sticking causing it to idle high. Fixed and now it purrsss like a kitten.

we did this conversion to dads 79 CJ5 this weekend. we put the kit together ourselfves and had just at 100 bucks in it. i would say money well spent. it runs alot better now and is alot better looking system than that old carter. he was getting 12 mpg with the carter and we will find out what it gets with the MC.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom