Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
Anyone know an electric locker that uses this switch:

switch.jpg

I have seen buttons like that in a wrangler. I have been searching my magazines to find where I saw them. They fit into the dash and look like they came from the factory.
The more I think about it I think the buttons are sold separate and may not indicate what lockers you have.

I would have a problem with the need to make a square hole.:cool:

The image above if just an example. Mine is red and says front locker.
There are wires running into the diff.

The switch I found says "front Air Locker". Yours doesn't have the word "air". I think its safe to say that switch is used for different types of lockers. If the seller or PO can't tell what diff you have I think you may have remove the cover. But even then?:confused:

Last edited:
Bought it from a dealer, yeah just "front locker" I know for sure it's electric as I see wires and a plug running into the diff.

I would have a problem with the need to make a square hole.:cool:

Layout your opening. Masking tape works well. Drill out the corners. Connect the dots (holes) with a sabre saw. Square up the corners with a die grinder or file. Bingo rectangular hole!

How bad do you want to mount that switch?

Me personally?? not that much, way too much work. I like the safety cover switches, something like this. you know it's on or off.:cool: And they look cool.:D
Toggle Switch Safety Cover

Layout your opening. Masking tape works well. Drill out the corners. Connect the dots (holes) with a sabre saw. Square up the corners with a die grinder or file. Bingo rectangular hole!

How bad do you want to mount that switch?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom