t 176 4 speed
Dana 300
4" suspension lift
"upgrade".team rush ignition
Weber 32/36 carb
Holley fuel regulator
new besttop top
nutter bypass
hey guy i just got a new energy suspension motor mount for a 85 c7 with the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l i tryed to insytall it but it would not line up looks like the motor needs to come forward 1/2 i put the old one back and it lined up just fine my qustion am i doing some thing wrong ?
is this the wrong mount... parts number says its for the CJ7 with the 6? Part # 21102R
is the mount a defect?
or would i be better off going back with stock motor mounts
or is there a trick to getting them to line up?
oh i for got to add this is my first time changing out motor mount

product-information.asp

Last edited:
I just replaced my motor mounts also. With those exact (well i used black) mounts. I had no issues getting mine to line up and bolt right back up. How are you lifting the engine off the old mounts?

I just replaced my motor mounts also. With those exact (well i used black) mounts. I had no issues getting mine to line up and bolt right back up. How are you lifting the engine off the old mounts?
well only doing one side since i was a dumb <-BAD WORD-> and thought it was sold in pairs but what i did was loosen the one side and used a bottle jack and some lumber under the oil pan to jack the motor strait up wich whent well but no matter what i did the mount woild not line up the motor would have to move a 1/2 " forward to make work and i don't have any thing handy to move the motor forward and one one to help me the old mount when back in with no problems i got to send a part back to quradatec and they said it be ok to re turn the mount in retrun for 2 factory mounts '

Are you leaving the base bolts loose until everything is together?
Is the mount symmetrical? Is the stud centered?
:cool:

Are you leaving the base bolts loose until everything is together?
Is the mount symmetrical? Is the stud centered?
:cool:
as far as i can tell it looks ok but something tell me it has to be off didnt have any problem putting the old one back in but either fixing to send then the shackel back that thats sent me the wrong one and sending the mount back as well u think i should try the same brand again or let them send me back the factory mounts instead i didnt put the base bolts in what i did was put the stud in with out the nut and lower the engine and the base holes didn't line up that didnt work and i may have put the base bolts i lose what every i tried didnt work and after 2 hours i gave up and put the old one back on

ok i got it installed i tried putting the bolts in lose first and that worked

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom