Build Thread Sponge rebuild round 2

knew it was going to smoothly...found some rough rot at the rear of the frame where the spring hanger comes in.

Only one bolt holding each spring hanger up...

V3 is very well versed in dealing with CJ frame rot issues and have already ordered everything it takes to fix it up better than new...

For those asking about the body - it is just raw welded metal. No filler of any type is put on the seams on either side...so when you are quoting paint prior to the body shop seeing the body ensure to communicate this unless they have done these tubs before they are likely not expecting it to be unsealed.

Now my paint quote is making more sense to me...my paint guy has done several of these Jeep bodies and knew what was in front of him....

That's not bad for frame rust.
THX for the pictures!
LG

Thanks the guys at the shop said it isn't bad and they were happy with how it looks overall.

Because I am 5 hours away they have been awesome about sending me pictures...great group of guys at V3 Jeep Shop in Louisville KY

Now the fun begins… Interested to see how they deal with the frame.

So initially the holes on the firewall for 1. the blower motor 2. the box drain 3. the heater core didn't line up on the firewall exactly like the factory. They appeared to be off by an inch.

Also the holes for the heater box mounting needed to be drilled

However the shop called and said he was able to shift it all around and make it work with out cutting.

Pictures are coming.

A little frame clean up going on...body mounts are in better shape than expected.

The body is all lined up!

The guys at V3 said it wasn't perfect out of the box but it didn't take a lot of work to get it all lined up.

temporary.jpg
temporary_1.jpg

and I got photobucket figured out!

Sorry very behind on pictures...

Linex of the bottom and inner fenders is done.

V__6A731.jpg

V__ECDB1.jpg

Will go back to have the inside of the tub done after paint is done

Frame off Friday!

V__073E1.jpg

Soda BLASTED! Off to get straightened and then powder coated

V__1ECF1.jpg

V__BE8C1.jpg

It kills me I was at V3 Jeep Shop this week...and forgot to take pictures!

I have an entire corner of the shop devoted to my parts and pieces...I think I am going to have to sign the shelves so they never forget me.

My gauges came and I didn't even think to snap pictures of those either!

Powder Coated wheels look awesome...regret not doing the dark gold right now but I know in the long run I will get tired of it...

That jeep is coming real nice. Going to be like new :)

Frame is straight, rust fixed, and now powdercoated! Went with a textured matte coat that is suppose to be the best for rust prevention...haven't got pics yet and it's killing me. Can't wait to see the finished frame.

Roll bar, hinges, front bumper, are now being coated to match the wheels.

Best part...found a paint shop that would work with me on a good paint job that didn't need to win a car show...most shops that do a job like this want to do fancy not a daily driver Jeep that will go camping, mt biking, and be driven in salt ridden Chicago. Rust prevention is more important than shine...hence all the line x.

Off to the paint shop!!! image.jpgf

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom