The last CJ7 1986 rebuild

The last CJ7 1986 rebuild

LASTCJ786

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 CJ7 258, T18, Scout 300,twinstick ,Dana 44 front locker, Dana 44 rear locker 3:73's,4"lift ,1" body. 35" tires,York OBA,Warn 8274,Fullcage.
Hi I'm new here I've been a Jeep nut going on 25 years.I have owned 7 Jeeps (CJ5 ,CJ7 's,YJ's,TJ's) I currantly have a 05 TJ Rubicon and I've rebuilding my 86 CJ7 for the seccond time. first time added a YJ body.
Yes I have the CJ7 nose. This time I had to replace the frame.
I've been working hard at it and I'm allmost ready to put the body back on.

Old: AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l Jeep T-18 Dana 30 L/S, Dana 44 Locker 3:73's ,YJ tube, 33"s

New: Frame, Scout TC 146 Dana 300 , 1" body lift and misc parts.

Hi, welcome to the site, two questions.
1. Where in Mass do you live?
2. Pics? Hellloo. Show us the goods.

My camra is dead I need a new one. but this is what it looked like before it took it apart to replace the frame. I live in Shrewsbury, Ma

Welcome to the site.:chug:
Sounds like your already addicted!:eek:

Thanks Yeah this is a cool site. I should correct myself the last CJ was a CJ10. Little know fact.

Shrewsbury, Ma. named for the Earl of Shrewsbury. A little known fact, the Earl was credited with the invention of the sandwich. put that in your totaly useless information file.
:ww:from the republic of Texas.
Good looking machine, or at least it was before you took it apart.:cool:

Thanks Yeah this is a cool site. I should correct myself the last CJ was a CJ10. Little know fact.

Yeah the CJ10 popular on Air Force bases & down under.;)

Shrewsbury, Ma. named for the Earl of Shrewsbury. A little known fact, the Earl was credited with the invention of the sandwich. put that in your totaly useless information file.
:ww:from the republic of Texas.
Good looking machine, or at least it was before you took it apart.:cool:

And here I thought "Shrewsbury" was a town of mean, ugly women.:laugh:

The Last CJ7 will be back and better then before. Thinking of painting it Olive green to macth my trailer.

The Last CJ7 will be back and better then before. Thinking of painting it Olive green to macth my trailer.

Paint a big 5 pointed star of the hood, love that military look.

I did think of that. On my 05 Rubicon I painted the headlight bezels black and added head light guards. There is no chome on my Rubicon. And I'm thinking of taking all the crome off the CJ7 too. See when people hear you have a Rubicon the say wannabe. Guy just picked it up blah blah blah. but I'm a true Jeep guy to the core.

I did think of that. On my 05 Rubicon I painted the headlight bezels black and added head light guards. There is no chome on my Rubicon. And I'm thinking of taking all the crome off the CJ7 too. See when people hear you have a Rubicon the say wannabe. Guy just picked it up blah blah blah. but I'm a true Jeep guy to the core.
The cons are bad *** to be sure, too bad most are wasted on the wanna be's.

When you buy a CJ your on you way.
When you've rebulit it your a Jeep guy.;)

When you buy a CJ your on you way.
When you've rebulit it your a Jeep guy.;)

Well then I'm a Jeep guy . LOL I had to rebuild my 71 CJ5 (Dauntless Buick 225 V6 )
and I replaced the tub on the CJ7 last time. Now it's the frame. allmost done.

Well I rolled the rolling frame out of the garage tonight Winched it into the back yard with my Rubicon. Where the bodytube sits up on cement blocks.
I hope to have some pictures.

The YJ tube is on the new CJ7 frame. 6 of the body mounts are now in.

9 of the body mounts are in. Here are some pictures

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom