The last CJ7 1986 rebuild

The last CJ7 1986 rebuild
Thanks. This time around I'm making some upgrades. I'm working to make it all work again. The big up grades are the Scout Dana 300 and 1" body lift. Well the new frame does take the cake.That's the main reason it had to be fixed.

Thanks. This time around I'm making some upgrades. I'm working to make it all work again. The big up grades are the Scout Dana 300 and 1" body lift. Well the new frame does take the cake.That's the main reason it had to be fixed.

What tranny are you running with the Scout Dana 300 ?

There is only one tranny to run LOL Jeep T-18 (6:32 first gear)

In 1980 (ONLY) the Scout 2's used a TC146 Dana 300 Transfer Case behind a T19 It has the texas bolt pattern of a Jeep Dana 20 . I bolted My Jeep T-18 (same bolt pattern as the T19) to the Scout Dana 300 using the T19 mannul bull gear.

Jeep T-18 6:32 first gear
Scout TC 146 Dana 300 2:60 low range

The Scout Dana 300 looks like a Dana 20 but they don't have a bottom bolt hole and the speedo cable is on the passengers side. I also added a twin stick to my 300.

In 1980 (ONLY) the Scout 2's used a TC146 Dana 300 Transfer Case behind a T19 It has the texas bolt pattern of a Jeep Dana 20 . I bolted My Jeep T-18 (same bolt pattern as the T19) to the Scout Dana 300 using the T19 mannul bull gear.

Jeep T-18 6:32 first gear
Scout TC 146 Dana 300 2:60 low range

The Scout Dana 300 looks like a Dana 20 but they don't have a bottom bolt hole and the speedo cable is on the passengers side. I also added a twin stick to my 300.

Cool, I had not seen that done. I used the Ford T19 with the 6.32 low to the Jeep Dana 300 in my rig.:cool:

We tried to fire it up on Saturday but looks like it needs a fuel pump.
also the tranny wil not shift? added the twin sticks? the clutch seems to be working but waiting on a new longer linkage. What's up with that?

I think I pulled the T-18 shifter out in gear? I'll have to check. Got in and installed rod links clutch linkage rods. real nice.Going to replace the fuel pump next.

Replaced the fuel pump, put the T-18 shifter back in the right place.
blead the brakes,Thanks to by buddy Ben another CJ7 guy. For all his help
The last CJ is alive! Backed it out of the driveway for the first time in a year and a half.

working on the E-brake. looking for those damn clips.

Got my Warn 8274 8,000 lb winch back on the CJ.

Took the CJ7 for a spin around the block today Allmost ready to put back on the road. Can't wait to take it off-road!:drool:

Going for RMV plates next week. Got to run out for cotton pins for the E-brake cables. Got to check it all over then ready to go.

I should have said registry of motor vehicles.

Went to the RMV today got my plates and took it for a spin. Got pulled over by the POPO. LOL No sticker Yeah I have 7 days!

My twin stick pops out of gear. Welded a tab and used a bungie cord.

I took the last CJ7 on a full shakedown run. (offroad)It ran great!
I have to hook back up the York OBA and get a CB. But it's back to life.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom