Thinking about a 2.5” lift... questions

Thinking about a 2.5” lift... questions
ANybody have any experience with Tuff Country? I am thinking about putting their 2.5" E-Z ride lift on my 81 CJ7 . I looked at the BDS 2.5 inch kit from OKAuto out of NJ as well but am having trouble deciding.

Either way I am putting on new springs and shocks. The question is what. Old Man Emu is too rich for me.

I purchased a Tuff Country 4" for the rear and was quite disappointed with the construction, ride, and poor lift. I removed them immediately, to buy the BDS springs. The BDS has the military wraps on both ends, plus an optional extra add-a-leaf. I also like the ride.

ANybody have any experience with Tuff Country? I am thinking about putting their 2.5" E-Z ride lift on my 81 CJ7 . I looked at the BDS 2.5 inch kit from OKAuto out of NJ as well but am having trouble deciding.

Either way I am putting on new springs and shocks. The question is what. Old Man Emu is too rich for me.

Personally, Id wait and save up for a quality lift and not waste money on cheap product you will regret down the road

Personally, Id wait and save up for a quality lift and not waste money on cheap product you will regret down the road

^this

I've seen a few members here say a lift lasts 7-10 years or longer. I'm wondering how long one will last as long as it is not harshly treated ? I figured by now mine would have died but it still seems like it is doing the job. I have a 2 1/2 inch lift

My last one 2.5” Rancho lasted about 6 years. It was driven daily and hit some mild trails once or twice a year. Just replaced it with a 4 inch from Superlift (good deal I could not pass up)

My last one 2.5” Rancho lasted about 6 years. It was driven daily and hit some mild trails once or twice a year. Just replaced it with a 4 inch from Superlift (good deal I could not pass up)

My Rancho is at least 25 years old or more. Still seems good

I have decided to go with the 2 1/2" BDS kit. I ordered it today, now it is just waiting for it to get here. I also ordered greasable bushings and shackles and new shock mounts I figure if I am going to do it I might as well do it all the way.

BTW, I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

You didn’t hijack my thread. It’s great that you ordered your lift. I need to get my frame sandblasted and galvanized first, then I can save up money for the lift.

Please post pics when you install it. And any pointers you might have about the process

You didn’t hijack my thread. It’s great that you ordered your lift. I need to get my frame sandblasted and galvanized first, then I can save up money for the lift.

Please post pics when you install it. And any pointers you might have about the process

Ironically enough. OKAuto cancelled my order because the shipping and billing addresses don't match. I live overseas and had to use a reshipping service. It is a common problem I run into and causes me a lot of phone calls. I will get it straightened out today.

I will definitely post pics. I am sure that this project, like everything else, will be an adventure. I am not certain but I think my suspension is original stock and several components are completely rusted. I already know I have to helicoil the bump stop mounts and am fairly certain the shackles will have to be cut off. That is one reason I ordered the complete component set.

I hope to get this done in the second half of September. My son is going to take a couple days leave and help me do the job because I want to be done before winter comes on.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom