t 176 4 speed
Dana 300
4" suspension lift
"upgrade".team rush ignition
Weber 32/36 carb
Holley fuel regulator
new besttop top
nutter bypass
hey guys i got a 85 CJ7 with the strait six and replace the old carter carb with a weber and installed a holly fuel presser regulator..... what i need to know is do i need the return line? if so do i still use the stock filter or go with a single filter and hook the re trun line to the regulator..... as of now i got it hook up like the factory but jeep stars fine but cant drive it for 10 mins as it spits and sutters bad till its warmed up... all so it does it after it warmed up and u shut it down for a few mins.. it spits and sputter for a few mins it... idles fine. and i smell gas at start up so i am quessing its flooding... fixing to rig a presser gauge tomorrow and adjust the regulator to 3.5 psi but not sure what the best way to deal with the re trun line

yes you need that return line, it is very important, all the way back to the tank.

Ok cool then i keep the stock hook up then.... I just got done installing a pressure gauge on the regulator and try to adjust it to 3.5 psi but the gauge fluctuates badly from 3.5 to 0 is this normal or is my fuel pump going bad?

Hold on ,I and my buddy don't run return lines on our CJ's (with Weber)both of us have a single line in and out filter. I like it better the gas stays in the filter for easyer starts.Plus I run a clear filter so you can see the gas in it.

Hold on ,I and my buddy don't run return lines on our CJ's (with Weber)both of us have a single line in and out filter. I like it better the gas stays in the filter for easyer starts.Plus I run a clear filter so you can see the gas in it.
did you cap off the re turn line or did you leave it open when u disconnected it

I capped it off at the tank. It's been working fine since May.

will i desided to try the filter with out the retrun line for grins.... and soon as i fired it up the fuel pressure shot up to 5 psi and was steady, engine idle was way up had to re set the idle speed reset the fpr back to 3.5 and mixture and the fast idle was way up as well... not sure whats going on here or is it possible my brand new stock fule filter was bad right out of the box... with the stock filter my fpr pressure fluctuated from 0-3 psi now is that normal with the retrun line hook up to a stock filter running a mechanical pump

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom