what to do what to do

what to do what to do

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
well for the people on here who know me my wife and i both work for adavance auto parts. i just got offered the store manager spot at the local oreillys. that is the good news. the bad news is my wife would have to go with me and take a big pay cut or find another job:(

what to do what to do.

that's a tough one, becoming a store manager could open up more opportunities for you, and more money in the future. i'd say take her with you. then again how come she can't stay at advance? do you think they'll give her a hard time? there are laws against that kind of :dung:.

that's a tough one, becoming a store manager could open up more opportunities for you, and more money in the future. i'd say take her with you. then again how come she can't stay at advance? do you think they'll give her a hard time? there are laws against that kind of :dung:.

ya both companies frown on one working for the other.

yeah i guess i can see that, the store around here mainly referring to advance and autozone, both have each others numbers on speed dial and most employees know each other from both stores. there has been more than one occasion where i would go in to get something they didn't have in stock or couldn't get right away, they would send me over to the other with a price match guarantee, i always thought that was pretty cool. it's good that you and your wife can work and live together, there are alot of people that would go insane doing that. i know of couples that drive and tried to team drive, wound up not doing good at all.

yeah i guess i can see that, the store around here mainly referring to advance and autozone, both have each others numbers on speed dial and most employees know each other from both stores. there has been more than one occasion where i would go in to get something they didn't have in stock or couldn't get right away, they would send me over to the other with a price match guarantee, i always thought that was pretty cool. it's good that you and your wife can work and live together, there are alot of people that would go insane doing that. i know of couples that drive and tried to team drive, wound up not doing good at all.

we work at different stores but in the same town. but oreillys only has one store so she would have to work at a store out of town.

I'm surprised Advanced doesn't have more of a problem with you both working in the same place. Having a spouse work for "the competition" doesn't seem like a big deal in retail, but I've been wrong plenty of times. I say go for the option that gives you best combined long-term financial and happiness opportunities. Sometimes change that's forced upon us also results in something better.

ya the wife and i cant work in the same store with advance but we can work at different stores.

oh that sucks, is it oreily's that wouldn't want her to work at advance, or advance that wouldn't want you to work at oreily's? they really shouldn't have any say or problem with where your wife works. ha see if she can go to work for autozone lol

all auto parts stores are like that. they dont want inside info being trade on how they run.

can you take the job and than hire your wife to work there.

I'm surprised Advanced doesn't have more of a problem with you both working in the same place. Having a spouse work for "the competition" doesn't seem like a big deal in retail, but I've been wrong plenty of times. I say go for the option that gives you best combined long-term financial and happiness opportunities. Sometimes change that's forced upon us also results in something better.

im thinking on the change thing. at advance they pulled me from a job i like doing and i havent been happy there since. at oreillys i could do that plus more and more money and bonus.

Last edited:
can you take the job and than hire your wife to work there.

cant do that cause like advance we couldnt work in the same store.

ah gotcha, do you think there would be that sort of opportunity at advance in the future, seems like they are a great company to work for. im pretty good friends with everybody here at our local advance and they seem happy with em.

i dont see it happening with advance. plus i would have better hours to spend time with the family at oreillys. no nights and every other saturday and thats only a half day.

sounds like the wife might need to make a sacrifice, for the overall good. maybe she can find something along the lines of your schedule and the money she was making. hope it works out for you man.

she said she would look for another job. but i hate to do that to her cause she loves her job and gets paid good.

well i talked to the store manager there and he said they were going to call me back for a second interview so we will see what happens.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom