Who owns what year?

picked up a crawler project a couple of weeks ago, 1976 CJ5 cut off behind front seats and lots of pans on the floor section that need finishing not to mention the back section needs a reinforcement panel . just completed the TEAMRUSH upgrade which was interesting considering the wiring harness has been removed and most of the electrical has been hard wired. but when it is finished it will be a beast..:D;)

mine is a combination of years started as an 85 CJ7 now it is an 83-85-99 chevy CJ7 tahoe edition.

Attachments

• 0428091718.jpg
    0428091718.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 90
RunUOvr are those the full widths 44/14 bolt? if so not sticking out too bad.
and are you gonna paint it?. I was thinking a really green color but my bondo work is not the best so I may have to go the bed liner spray on inside and out. We'll see anyway nice Jeep ya got.

I have an 81' CJ7 . It has some body issues, but runs great. I just bought it a few months back. My wife gets to drive the 2000 Intrepid now.

kicknjeep they are full width axles. im only running a 16x8 centerline wheel with a 35x12.50. i was trying to keep it as narrow as i could for inspection after its built. then i realize im over legal limit for height. shouldve bought the wheels i wanted anyway because now i have to run a set of really narrow really short wheels off of a buddys old dodge pick up just to pass height and tire coverage laws. once it passes inspection the 35s go back on maybe 38s next go around and out comes the sawzall. who needs fenders right. as far as paint i need a new hood first then im doin a bright yellow bed liner i found today. check durabak they make quite a few colors. ill also check with a buddy of mine but his yota is bright lime green roll on bed liner. ill find out where he got it.

that would be great if you could find out where he got the bright green bedliner in case i decide to go that way. so other than outboard springs what else did you have to do while installing full widths? you did say you were going 44 front 14 bolt rear correct?. That's the direction I will probably go when the time comes because they are plentyfull around here.

most of the outboard kits available are shackle reversal. if you do this youll need a new front driveline with about double the slip shaft. i bought the outboard kit from mountain offroad. but blue torch makes a good kit too and it comes with a front bumper. front shock mounts on the 44 will line up. youll still have to get extended brake lines. for the rear youll either have to build your own outboard kit or move your perches on the axle in. i wouldnt burn the perches on til you figure out your drive line angle. sucks having to cut them back out. youll only need an extended brake line on the rear if youre goin spring over. and you will have to to figure out shock mounts on the rear. also your ebrake cables are not gonna reach. may not be a big deal to you but mine still has to pass inspection so im putting a driveline brake on mine. the picture i have on here is sitting on full widtch axles already. backspacing and narrow rims will keep your rig somewhat narrow if that a concern.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$50.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom