Wont Rev Past 2300K!!!

Wont Rev Past 2300K!!!

cj7Grim

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 Cj7 6cy 4spd
So I took my jeep out to play today for the first time since i picked it about two weeks ago and come to realize the engine wont rev past 2300k.. It sucks couldnt do any rock climbing or steep hills with out it dying out on me.. Its an 86 CJ7 converted to fuel injection from an 89.. any ideas from anyone? It runs just fine idles fine but wont rev past 2300k...

Engine? Mods? Will it rev in neutral higher then 2300? Only under load? How about on the road and not off-road?

The more info you give in your post, the better info we can give you... :)

check timing, check fuel filter, checked for plugged exahst......thats about it. If it has OBD plug it in and see what the 'puter has to say.

How come no one has asked why he is trying to rev it to 2,300,000 RPMs?

:laugh: Sorry, thats my only contribution to this thread...

I am sure that it doesnt have a mass airflow, but where would the map sensor be???

Sorry, not sure. Not familier with injected Jeeps aside from XJ's

Hows the engin feel/sound? Is there a Miss that you notice?

There is no miss it runs perfect until 2300k and then it just redlines. It almost feels like if it has a rev limiter

There is no miss it runs perfect until 2300k and then it just redlines. It almost feels like if it has a rev limiter

Doubtfull but could deff be a clogged cat. Run it for a few min and drive it and hop out and see if the cat is glowing hot.... If it is, its stoped up.

:shooter:

Act the same under load as it does with no load? Same two-point-three-million RPMs either way?

(I'm gonna' save the Scotty jokes till later, but I'm having a hard time of it) :)

MAP sensor is on a vacume line of the intake. a bad map would make it run VERY rich or VERY lean, but it would still rev.

Act the same under load as it does with no load? Same two-point-three-million RPMs either way?

(I'm gonna' save the Scotty jokes till later, but I'm having a hard time of it) :)

And to think I have been trying to keep mine under 6K all this time.:eek:

If it won't run pas 2300 even in neutral and act's like it has a rev limiter I would suspect something in the computer system. Does it pull had in gear to 2300? If it does then you should easily rev pas 2300 in neutral.

:laugh: KWIDDIT! Yer KILLIN' me WICKED bad! :laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom