Wont Rev Past 2300K!!!

With a fuel injection swap I would think a code reader wouldn't help, maybe a true diagnostic scanner could get you some closure.

I would second the idea of T'ing off the full line up top and watching the pressure while bringing the RPM's up.

And I would without a doubt suggest preforming a compression test on all cylinders. You can pick up guages/kits to run both tests from most local parts stores.

If you get the stuff to do it I'm happy to walk you through the tests.

:patriot:

If it won't run pas 2300 even in neutral and act's like it has a rev limiter I would suspect something in the computer system. Does it pull had in gear to 2300? If it does then you should easily rev pas 2300 in neutral.

I'm afraid I'm going to side with CJ on this. If it acts like it's got a governor on it (and it sure sounds like that's how it's acting), the computer really gets suspect. I dunno of any fuel or ignition issue (assuming normal parts) that'd let it run & drive normally until it hit 2.3K & then just not let it go higher.

Onliest other thing that springs to mind is... how confident are we in the tach? Is it possibly actually redlining near 5K but reading 2.3K on the tach? Computer may have a built-in regulator to enforce redline. If the tach's OK, then the computer may be double-reading (malfunction) and thinking it's actually at 4600... and possibly governing the speed there.

I'm afraid I'm going to side with CJ on this. If it acts like it's got a governor on it (and it sure sounds like that's how it's acting), the computer really gets suspect. I dunno of any fuel or ignition issue (assuming normal parts) that'd let it run & drive normally until it hit 2.3K & then just not let it go higher.

Onliest other thing that springs to mind is... how confident are we in the tach? Is it possibly actually redlining near 5K but reading 2.3K on the tach? Computer may have a built-in regulator to enforce redline. If the tach's OK, then the computer may be double-reading (malfunction) and thinking it's actually at 4600... and possibly governing the speed there.

Or the tach could be set on a V-8 mode if its a 6 banger...

Well after replacing and checking all kinda parts turns out its the position of the crank sensor.. If anyone of you guys have pictures of where your crank sensor is located in the front and hows it mounted would be great!! thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom