232 still wont run in my 77 CJ7 ???

232 still wont run in my 77 CJ7 ???
IMHO Nikon has the best optics, takes the best macro shots. don't buy a camera with out "macro". just about any camera can take a decent picture of a mountain side, the tough shot is the numbers on the tag on Dana 44 axle housing. strangely enough this seems to be the kind of picture I take the most of these days.:cool:

Woo got the timing cover back on!! but my friend snapped a bolt on the cover so there is some more fun and im having a little trouble finding where a few of the bolts go so if ya guys got any picture or what lengths of bolts go where let me know ;) didnt even have to loosen the oil pan, and if ya guys got a picture of how a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l alternator bracket bolts on that would be a plus to lol im gonna start taking pictures from now, gonna go get me a 12 megapixal camera. Tomorrow should be good to if i can some jeep parts to.

So right now im going to grab my new(to me) AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with 58k original miles along with the T-18a he had bolted up to it! its all from a 76 CJ7 and he said it is the wide ratio with the 6.32 to 1 first gear and it had a Dana 20 bolted on to it so everything will go in fine and dandy, the only thing that might have to be changed is driveshafts, i think LOL.

So did the thing ever run??? I'm having timing/distributor problems & about to pick up my 80 CJ7 from mechanics(they want $500 to do timing chain) and man the thing myself. This was a great thread for me to read. Thanks for all the helpful info guys! Even if Corey never put his back together,it wasn't for loss. I now have a full understanding of the process to get my jeep back on the road.

So did the thing ever run??? I'm having timing/distributor problems & about to pick up my 80 CJ7 from mechanics(they want $500 to do timing chain) and man the thing myself. This was a great thread for me to read. Thanks for all the helpful info guys! Even if Corey never put his back together,it wasn't for loss. I now have a full understanding of the process to get my jeep back on the road.

Lol sorry My summer project kinda went to a halt since summer started i was planning for a wedding now its done with but I actually got the timing chain on that was simple the cover was a pain, I recommend if you havent changed the oil pan seal do that also it will make putting the timing cover on 10X easier if you have the straight 6. You'll have to get a harmonic damper puller and a hammer, because to loosen the nut for the harmonic balancer you have to hit it with a hammer because if you turn it, it will turn off TDC but once you get the cover off you can line it back up. But you can also check your timing marks when its at TDC to see if it is a 8-10 degree's because I didnt check mine and it was actually dead on and my timing chain had little slack, what happened on mine is that the distributor is off 180 degree's so maybe tomorrow or tuesday im going to pull my dizzy to make sure its not shot and turn it the right way or i can rewire my plugs back <-BAD WORD-> wards and see if it will fire. But no it hasnt run yet and if she decides to be a pain anymore I might be dropping in my other drive train. AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with 60k miles on it after i freshen the gaskets and bearings, but i have a very amazing Transmission sitting in my garage :D T-18A with the JEEP input shaft hell i have the original clutch and flywheel for it to :drool: But ill try my very hardest to get the AMC 232 i6 to run because it will bother me if i dont. But im glad i could help lol being a inquisitive 19 year old ha

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom