350 into 79 cj5 help

350 into 79 cj5 help

werbrimhall

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5
any idies about best bang for the buck on mounts, radiator, eng. to T-150 Transmission , adapter headers [in frame ] doner is a 90 chevy truck with TBI fuel inj. i already have howel TBI on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l like it much. not sure if it will work on 350 ?? also will a 350 turbo or 400 tranny fit/ transfer is a 20. most of all is this swp worth the time and money .

any idies about best bang for the buck on mounts, radiator, eng. to T-150 Transmission , adapter headers [in frame ] doner is a 90 chevy truck with TBI fuel inj. i already have howel TBI on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l like it much. not sure if it will work on 350 ?? also will a 350 turbo or 400 tranny fit/ transfer is a 20. most of all is this swp worth the time and money .
It's a tried & true swap done all the time. As far as the auto Transmission , I would advise against it because of the short driveline length. That's why Jeep add 10" an made the CJ7 , the 1st factory CJ with an automatic Transmission .
As far as motor mounts, my years of experience tell me initial cost of motor mounts seldom tell the whole story. In my opinion M.O.R.E. bombpruff View attachment 1187motor mounts are the way to go, but Novak & Advanced Adapter both have all the adapters you will ever need.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom