360 swap still the same problems

360 swap still the same problems

Chriss

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7, AMC 360, T176, DANA 300, Axles Stock with true trac, 33" Cooper STT tires, 4" lift by Trailmaster
1999 JEEP Grand Cherokee 4,7 stock. Family car
hello everybody. I´m still at the CJ7 restoration, with the same problems.
The engine 360 with the tranny T-150 with the Spicer 20 are sitting on the frame. But the tranny mount doesn´t fit with the skid plate.
I have two different skid plates trying to fit the tranny mount. But nothing!
It looks like the engine isn´t in the correct line.
The T-150 came from the old AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l , and I believe it will work also with a V8.
I have new motormounts and new brackets, but it looks like sh..t!!
On the driver side, the engine hang down about 1 inch. I don´t know why.
Look at my pics. are the brackets on the right side of the frame, and bolted in the right holes?
Need help:eek:
7658630nrp.jpg

7658631eyo.jpg

7658632qov.jpg

7658634tzr.jpg

7658635dim.jpg

7658636qsq.jpg

7658637myh.jpg

Yes I think the same with the frame alignment. Must I have a new frame now, or can I repair the frame? I hope I can repair it, cause I spend lots of money.:eek:

Yes I think the same with the frame alignment. Must I have a new frame now, or can I repair the frame? I hope I can repair it, cause I spend lots of money.:eek:

A good shop can usually straighten your frame.;)

I don’t see what year your CJ7 is but if you have a T-150 I can only assume it is a 1976, 1977, 1978, or 1979. Make sure you have the skid plate installed using the front bolt holes in the frame leaving the back ones unused (The back ones are used when installing a T-18 .) loosen the skid plate up so you have some slop then move everything around until you can get the Transmission mount to work then slowly tighten up the bolts moving from side to side as you do changing a tire. Sometimes it helps to use a come-along it things are stubborn but be gentle. I assume that all CJ frames were close to being square out of the box but 30 + years later, not so much.

Im sure you did this already but... are you running the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l frame mounts or V-8 mounts.. they are different and count be causingthe issue with it leaning to one side

A CJ uses a Transmission mount and a doughnut mount next to each other. Like this:
TCmountSmall.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom