4.2 overheating with new water pump

4.2 overheating with new water pump
Well I got it fixed, I put on a new rad cap and installed my mechanical temp gauge and now for two days in a row it has ran like a top, never getting above 195-200 deg. So overall here is what I did, new waterpump, rad repaired at shop, new thermostat 195, installed temp guage and finally a new 16lbs rad cap. Also today I put on some new locking hubs, and put on the front bumper I fixed up. Now I can sleep a little better not thinking about it. Thanks guys for all of the input. Good luck Wrangler Rider.

Thanks sounds like you did alot, I went cheap on my fan clutch, if it goes out drill a hole as far up the clutch towards the fins (right next to them) and beat 2 nails one on either side about 2.5 to 3 inches long all the way into the clutch, they shoukd wrap around the inner rod the clutch spins on and grip it, now i can grab the fan blades and turn the water pump with both belts fully tightened, (no slipping what so ever), it doesnt slip at all either way, its great if you want to do away with a problem that will resurface,and cheaper then $35 and a 3 day wait, if you want to do the same i can give you full details, just ask, PS i dont garentee your fan and clutch will survive for ever, ive road about 13 miles with my new N rigged fan but i like and trust it for my rig

EDIT can someone tell me how to change the topic name? id like to make this a general questions thread for quick question and answers or problem solving that doesnt need a whole thread, unless there is already one
thanks

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom