Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
We are making good progress working on our CJ - but we decided to switch and work on the '59 instead of the '67. The '59 was a rat rod at purchase so suitable mix and match parts should not be a problem. We have an excellent tub with really funky looking front fenders, but totally funtional, so much less work there. We can put whatever seats we can find that are comfortable - it needs both drivers and pass side. I wanted something with a higher back that would allow for at least 3 point roll cage seat belts. And the roll cage will have to be built - I don't want to need it, but I want one.

I kinda didn't want to mod the '67...we knew the original owners and history.

We have lots to do - but I have no intention of changing my status on coming to this ride. :D

I will start a build thread after we have a little more done (and I figure out how...:rolleyes:..) to keep everyone updated on our progress. I have lots of pictures. At this point some will be skeptical we will make it based one where we are and work to do. But I believe...;)

Please one of my friends pm me the "idiots guide to starting a build thread" as I am missing something on how to do this....sorry...:confused:

We are making good progress working on our CJ - but we decided to switch and work on the '59 instead of the '67. The '59 was a rat rod at purchase so suitable mix and match parts should not be a problem. We have an excellent tub with really funky looking front fenders, but totally funtional, so much less work there. We can put whatever seats we can find that are comfortable - it needs both drivers and pass side. I wanted something with a higher back that would allow for at least 3 point roll cage seat belts. And the roll cage will have to be built - I don't want to need it, but I want one.

I kinda didn't want to mod the '67...we knew the original owners and history.

We have lots to do - but I have no intention of changing my status on coming to this ride. :D

I will start a build thread after we have a little more done (and I figure out how...:rolleyes:..) to keep everyone updated on our progress. I have lots of pictures. At this point some will be skeptical we will make it based one where we are and work to do. But I believe...;)

Please one of my friends pm me the "idiots guide to starting a build thread" as I am missing something on how to do this....sorry...:confused:

I PM'd you on the build thread process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doubt the CJ will be ready to go. Any objections to bringing the JK?

(Insert comment about it's not a real Jeep)
(Insert comment about it not being as capable as a stock CJ)

No seriously this looks like fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we decided to switch and work on the '59 instead of the '67.
Bring them both! It's always nice to have a spare. :D
Well, I guess that would be a hassle finding a trailer that big. :rolleyes:
Either way it'll be a good time. Whatever you bring make sure it's reliable. Check it over good.

Doubt the CJ will be ready to go. Any objections to bringing the JK?http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1
No problem at all. It'll do good. Heck, I wouldn't even object if someone brought a Toya... a Toyot.. a ... a Japa.. a Japane... a ... oh I can't say it but you can bring whatever you want.
:chug:

Thanks to all that sent me instructions on how to start a build thread - It is explained in that section but I just didn't get it - Thanks again!! :chug:

Bring them both! It's always nice to have a spare. :D
Well, I guess that would be a hassle finding a trailer that big. :rolleyes:
Either way it'll be a good time. Whatever you bring make sure it's reliable. Check it over good.

I think our trailer IS big enough for two CJ5's...:eek:
Wish I had two to bring..:drool:
We plan on lots of testing before the trip...:)
I have a bunch of pics to upload to photobucket (oldjeeplady) now that the day's soot and grime has been washed away...

I'm going to try my hardest to put together a plan to get out there for this...

I'll only confirm if it's a go... but may be in the group to try a few years from now to get out there and get you out of retirement Dave :cool:

~ Jr

I think our trailer IS big enough for two CJ5's...:eek:
Wish I had two to bring..:drool:
We plan on lots of testing before the trip...:)
I have a bunch of pics to upload to photobucket (oldjeeplady) now that the day's soot and grime has been washed away...

I dont see a build thread yet. :pissed:

:poke:

She said she was needing some help starting a build tread maybe she never got it. I think you are the best man for the job so help the lady out. :)

No problem at all. It'll do good. Heck, I wouldn't even object if someone brought a Toya... a Toyot.. a ... a Japa.. a Japane... a ... oh I can't say it but you can bring whatever you want.

I'll work toward a plan and advise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She said she was needing some help starting a build tread maybe she never got it. I think you are the best man for the job so help the lady out. :)

I sent her a pm on what to do. She needs hers up and running reliably by Summer. I cant give her a model to follow. :D

I'm still trying to get my pics uploaded to photobucket.:eek:...I want to make a build thread folks would want to read..;)..I have not forgotten...
Could who ever is in charge please make it stop snowing and drifting on my property?....:rolleyes:

I think I started a build thread...or not :confused: - it just might be out there in cyberspace for the cyberspace jeepers.... :eek:

Also my better half finally joined the forum - mriplaybass (Curt)
I doubt he will introduce himself just from me asking :rolleyes: - he might listen to the rest of you....:)

I think I started a build thread...or not :confused: - it just might be out there in cyberspace for the cyberspace jeepers.... :eek:

Also my better half finally joined the forum - mriplaybass (Curt)
I doubt he will introduce himself just from me asking :rolleyes: - he might listen to the rest of you....:)

Thanks Pete - I see the build thread is up now. I'll get busy with some new pics - honest - hey it snow again here today!!!:( We might get above freezing next week...30 would be a heat wave!!!:eek:
Thanks again!

I feel so at home here - you can see I'm talking to myself!!:rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks